Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: SLM's thread of Lotus. I think I have some other cars too (??)

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    It will never cease to amaze me when I get waves in this car from guys on sportbikes. In the eternal strife between bikers and cars, this is the one car that apparently cuts through it.
    Sport bike riders give me a wave, too.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Just took the Miata for a drive and it is *wild* to me how people seem to be starting to stare at a lowly NA Miata on the street. I think part of it is having the hardtop on, which makes it look like a genuinely different car than most people have ever seen. But especially in the evening with the lights up, unless it's my imagination, people genuinely look at it. It's like people have collectively forgotten the car that used to be the butt of jokes.

_R5_2187 copy.jpg

Junior Potato
    They've morphed into something really cool now. Proper enthusiasts car, especially if it's still in good condition 30 years down the track.

It doesn't seem like it's just enthusiasts though. Like even normal people take notice of it. Like I said, moreso with the headlights up as it gives it much more of a vaguely classic look. So people know it's *something* but they don't seem to be sure what.

That's a gorgeous photo! It almost looks fake... like a photo that came out of Gran Turismo...

Anyway, I think it's likely those big "puppy eyes" that caught people's attention. They don't make cars like that anymore!