Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: SLM's thread of Lotus. I think I have some other cars too (??)

FINALLY took this car to somewhere where it can really be enjoyed... There are GoPro videos!

5D4_2714.jpg

I took this photo about four years ago and never posted it anywhere. It makes me chuckle.

5D4_2782.jpg

Do you still have the car? Or did you trade it in for the RV van and the jet bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Do you still have the car? Or did you trade it in for the RV van and the jet bike?
    No I still have it. I don't think I will ever get rid of it because they are not making any more of them, the value is not dropping, and it's still a blast. Almost 10 years of owning it and it is still a crazy experience every time I drive it. I have not driven it enough lately, but yes I still have it. Not a whole lot to report other than one of the valve stems rotted out in June causing a flat tire requiring a tow, which was really stressful because it's low to the ground and easily damaged. I quickly threw together the wooden ramps in this photo, and got it onto the tow truck without issue. It was kind of a bummer because a flat tire which would normally be a minor inconvenience in any other car became a major crisis in this car. But I guess that's the price you pay.

20220529_104051.jpg

Holy shit! You just created those wooden ramps on the spot?

You really should rename yourself a Resourceful Little Man you know?

Glad things turned out alright. Yeah, that car is definitely a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Holy shit! You just created those wooden ramps on the spot?

You really should rename yourself a Resourceful Little Man you know?

Glad things turned out alright. Yeah, that car is definitely a keeper.
    No actually it happened on a Friday night and I couldn't get a tow truck out to where it was that night, so I had to leave the car overnight and I made those the next morning before I went back to it to get it towed.

Update... The entire gauge cluster has started to randomly drop out. I will have all winter to fix this, and I'd like to ASAP because I discovered that the odometer stops counting when this happens. A little searching online suggests that maybe just a loose solder connection in the cluster is the cause.

It will never cease to amaze me when I get waves in this car from guys on sportbikes. In the eternal strife between bikers and cars, this is the one car that apparently cuts through it.

I mean, the guys who built the original were Ducati guys trying to recreate the feeling...

Odometer stopped? Take the opportunity to ride it all over town for now you have unlimited mileage!!!

Because it's the best sports car ever, duh.