Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091

Thread: Science

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    There's a lot of interesting parts to this....supposedly there was some research about this that was nearly lost when the soviet union collapsed, and something something, the Korean researchers found it, or got it separately and have been working on it for 24 years (The 99 is for the year 1999).

Of course there's also the alien conspiracy theorists who think this is all coming out now that people are "confirming" we've been visited by aliens

Edit: To add there is a russian "cat girl" expert on twit....X who is apparently an expert on this stuff....yes I'm serious....can't make this up

https://twitter.com/iris_IGB
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; August 4th, 2023 at 07:48 AM.

You are venturing further and further away from the scientific realm.

Please come back or start a new thread!

Jetpack and flying cars yo

Junior Potato
    Yeah science whatever.

Pics of cat girl or GTFO.

Had to share this. Professor Dave is so savage and awesome!

That video is way too long but it brought up an interesting point though.

While I don’t believe real science is ‘dogmatic’, but it can certainly be manipulated as one.

Science is about discovering truth. However, folks nowadays have the power to lay down the law and prematurely declare Covid origin must be of natural origin when there are no evidences to support it either way. What’s worst is that the scientific authority could also declare that if you believe in lab leak, then you must be a racist!

Reality is that scientistic community have learned from the church of old to control the mass in a similar fashion. When a group of people have money and political power, that’s inevitably what people will do.

However if church could reform itself, naturally science could reform itself too. What’s true will stay true. It’ll be impossible to mask the truth forever.

Anyway, I think the moral of the story is that people tend to end up blindly accepting ‘dogmas’. Face it, we the average joes are just not that smart. We tend to trust the church back then… and we now tend to trust the scientists now.

It’s important to note that there are certain topics that not all scientists agree on. So they’ll need to do more experiments in order to get closer to the truth.

Lastly, I personally don’t believe there has to be a conflict between faith and science. I personally believe our universe is indeed around 6days old from the outside , but within the expanding universe on the inside, it is about 14billion years old. Plus, God’s salvation is not really dependent on what age of the universe you believe in… so it’s a pretty pointless debate.

Dogmas tend to ruin not only science but also religions as well. People need to have a more open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    That video is way too long but it brought up an interesting point though.

While I don’t believe real science is ‘dogmatic’, but it can certainly be manipulated as one.

Science is about discovering truth. However, folks nowadays have the power to lay down the law and prematurely declare Covid origin must be of natural origin when there are no evidences to support it either way. What’s worst is that the scientific authority could also declare that if you believe in lab leak, then you must be a racist!

Reality is that scientistic community have learned from the church of old to control the mass in a similar fashion. When a group of people have money and political power, that’s inevitably what people will do.

However if church could reform itself, naturally science could reform itself too. What’s true will stay true. It’ll be impossible to mask the truth forever.

Anyway, I think the moral of the story is that people tend to end up blindly accepting ‘dogmas’. Face it, we the average joes are just not that smart. We tend to trust the church back then… and we now tend to trust the scientists now.

It’s important to note that there are certain topics that not all scientists agree on. So they’ll need to do more experiments in order to get closer to the truth.

Lastly, I personally don’t believe there has to be a conflict between faith and science. I personally believe our universe is indeed around 6days old from the outside , but within the expanding universe on the inside, it is about 14billion years old. Plus, God’s salvation is not really dependent on what age of the universe you believe in… so it’s a pretty pointless debate.

Dogmas tend to ruin not only science but also religions as well. People need to have a more open mind.
    Only religious people, Billi.

Only religious people.

Which is the point of this video.

All humanity are susceptible to indoctrination of some kind. Ask a psychologist if only religious folks can be 'brainwashed' and all the atheists are immune to brainwashing.

Anyway, do you still believe Covid must be of natural origin because believe in anything else would make you a racist? Do we really have scientific consensus that Covid was here naturally? Or we can convenient believe all the scientists who entertain the idea of lab leak are probably racists?

I really don't believe real scientists would involve politics in their research/findings. Name calling just isn't part of real science.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 29th, 2024 at 01:11 PM.