Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    man, it was $5 late last year, what happened
    The price hasn’t changed. There was a price increase a month ago but that was famously rolled back a day later after ‘consumer feedback’ was taken into account. Lots of swears were typed into Twitter replies, I assume.

You were probably looking at a different tier. Console only or something. Game Pass for PC is the top kek price. And the word pass has ass in it, so Drew will be happy.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    The price hasn’t changed. There was a price increase a month ago but that was famously rolled back a day later after ‘consumer feedback’ was taken into account. Lots of swears were typed into Twitter replies, I assume.

You were probably looking at a different tier. Console only or something. Game Pass for PC is the top kek price. And the word pass has ass in it, so Drew will be happy.
    Oh weird. I signed up solely to get early access to FS2020 since game pass let you set your location to Kiribati and you could play as soon as it was release day there, but I admittedly didn't pay much attention because at the time it was a completely free one-month trial and I canceled it like two days in, as soon as I could play my own copy of FS2020.

I got 3 years of XBox Live Gold for $180 (or less if you can find the annual passes discounted, I forget if mine were) and then did the $1 upgrade of all of it to Game Pass Ultimate.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Just found out about FSXMap, and now I finally have a way to figure out ILS frequencies for non-US airports. This is very handy with the A32NX mod, which (and it may be user error) doesn't appear to automatically set ILS frequencies for you once you've got an approach set up.

That's great.

airnav.com is helpful too, for real life info, which usually matches.

Navigraph charts is great, but costs money. It has charts and a live overlay of your plane (from FS or XP). I wish it had VFR charts though.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Administrator
    Does airnav support anything outside the US? The problem I ran into was I was doing a flight from Paris to Rome and I couldn't for the life of me find the ILS frequencies for LIRF. Searching for LIRF, Fiumicino or Vinci on airnav doesn't seem to pull it up, it keeps showing me random airports in like Virginia. Flightaware also has pretty good ILS plates for US airports.

I also think there's a good chance that somewhere buried in the MCDU you can actually just tell it what airport and runway you want and it'll already know the ILS frequency, as I'm almost certain I saw that A320 pilot on Youtube do that, but I have to find the video again.

Yeah, I've done many ILS landing in XPlane's Airbuses and never hard tunes an ILS.

Now that I think of it, I thought that the MSFS one does it, but it might need the FBW mod.

in the MCDU, if you go to FPLN and select the arrival airport, there's an "ARRIVALS" option where you select your arrival. Also, you need to turn on the LS pushbuttons up on the autopilot panel to see the landing system on the PFD. May need to activate the arrival in the MCDU PERF pages to get it to work (I think this is automatic at 10k feet, but not sure).
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Administrator
    The MSFS one definitely does do it, and the FBW mod also did it until recently. When I switched to the Development branch because the main release one was broken after the latest update, it also lost the auto-tune thing.

I've definitely set the arrivals in the flight plan, and the map/display in the cockpit show the correct route to the airport through the right transition, I just manually have to go into the "NAV RAD" screen and set the frequency for LS to get it to actually pick up the indicators for the glide slope and localizer.

Junior Potato
    Just do what any good pilot would do and Google it mid-flight

Administrator
    That's what I tried to do! I couldn't find anything not-paid that had it until someone on the FS2020 message board posted fsxmap.com, which is why I posted it. I don't think their SEO is very good