Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

Junior Potato
    Mine is so big because I skipped the previous update.

I think their updating system is bloated and broken. You have to run the full title for hours consuming system resources (and electricity) and data bandwidth to download updates.

Other Game Pass games can get their updates via an external updater, which uses little power and can pick up where you left off without interruption.

And then there’s the separate content updates within the market place which are hard to find - there’s no button to go straight to the content manager - and seemingly come in two different menus.

So yeah I’m still chipping away at the updates. I’ve left my PC on overnight with the CPU and GPU churning away in the hope that it’ll be done this morning.

Administrator
    Didn't really pick up FS2020 after being so frustrated by every update fixing a bug while bringing in two more, but my in-laws are here and I thought my father in law might want to try it out, and I hadn't tried the F/A-18 yet.

They fucking broke moving the globe around with the mouse when setting up a flight. FFS.

Junior Potato
    Yeah… since the last update mine crashes after 10 minutes of flying.

And the view in the cockpit STILL scrolls down if using an Xbox controller, which started with update 5 that brought in Xbox compatibility.

Administrator
    Well, it has been out for only like 15 months or so, gotta give them time to work all the bugs out I guess.

Just about to start a descent on a 3.5 hour flight when I got a phone call. Apparently hitting mute causes a CTD

Might have to stop doing 'trips' in MSFS for a while. I'd say about 50% of the time it crashes.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Junior Potato
    My crashing has been intermittent. Sometimes it goes for ten minutes, sometimes it lasts for hours.

I had a session where I took off from Dover AFB in the F18, hit the burners and flew to JFK, dicked around for half an hour, flew back to Dover, then used Slew mode to go all the way to the west coast and spent another half hour tearing up in the desert, all in one unbroken flight. Probably 3hrs all told.

Then the next day I flew for 30 minutes and it crashed again

Apparently there is an update today. Maybe that fixes some things.

Junior Potato
    Aaaaaaaand I’ve just booted up my pc to get this update, and in classic Windows Store style it is throwing up an error.

Wish me luck.

Administrator
    Between that and Activision/Blizzard's store. I can't actually use the latter because they managed to break my account badly enough that I couldn't even redeem my free game that came with my video card. It's been broken for years, support never responds.

Junior Potato
    Oh yeah: an update.

I rebooted my pooter and it works fine.

Thank fuck I don't have to redownload the whole game again for a measly 1.2 GB of update data like I have to do with FH5.

Junior Potato
    WU7: Straya is out. It's great!

A few new photogrammetry cities (Bne, Syd and Melb as far as I have checked and there may be more) plus some airports and a whole bunch of hand-made landmarks.

Asobo contracted Orbx, a local mod developer based at Essendon airport in Melbourne to provide the landmarks. Some are publicised in literature here and there, usual things such as the famous bridges, a couple of high rises in the cities, stadia, etc. But I spotted a few that are more Easter egg than landmark. The pit lanes at Mount Panorama and Philip Island have been given some basic modelling

Someone at Orbx must be into motorsport... and I wonder how many other things they've slipped in there for us to discover.

If you really want a treat, load up and search for YLRE out in the desert. That's Longreach Airport, where you can check out a fleet of historic QANTAS aircraft on display at the museum.

It's a sign...