Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

Junior Potato
    I think I’ve shared this before:
    https://youtu.be/kx8ZGP_BWcU

Long story short, you have to download a few programs: one is called vJoy (https://sourceforge.net/projects/vjoystick/) the other is Universal Joystick Remapper (https://github.com/evilC/AHK-Univers...apper/releases) and use them to get your driving pedals to masquerade as rudder pedals.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; February 22nd, 2021 at 11:47 AM.

Administrator
    There's a new Gaming Services update in the Windows store that fixes the "make you reset all your settings yet again" issue.

EDIT: It does look like there's a subset of data that was lost for most people though. All progress towards some of the achievements, like "World Traveler" (land successfully at 500 different airports) is gone, and a maybe like 10% of the statistics have completely reset or say "N/A" for me now. Not that important, I'm not a huge achievement hunter, but I see some other folks are pretty bent out of shape about it.

Also, oddly, my graphics settings are untouched, they are just as I left them, but a lot of the other settings are back to defaults, especially in the realism/difficulty settings. Controls also appear to have reset themselves, which is irritating as fuck.

Meh, reset my tail number too. Them's fightin' words.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 22nd, 2021 at 03:54 PM.

Junior Potato
    Lucky for me, I only have to remap the change view button to button 3 (by default it's at something like 'button 15' which is not physically present on my flight stick, which is odd), and I took screenshots of my graphics settings a few days ago to do some non-VR flights with better visuals.

The most annoying part was having to re-do my assists, which I'd set-and-forgot back on day 1, and now it's doing stuff that seems strange to me, like asking to acknowledge ATC calls that my AI co-pilot used to handle.

Junior Potato
    I'm very tempted to buy the DC Designs F-15 for MSFS. It's $40 USD for one aircraft type, but you do get a handful of variants for it.

It's just had a rather significant update in-line with new developments to the sim itself, so much improved over the initial release of it a month ago.

I know it will be a reasonably high quality add-on that will be continually updated as the sim improves, and would serve me well for a 'fun' fighter jet for many years.

Trouble is, it has received some complaints from hardcore flight simmers for being not good enough (unable to tell so far what people think of it after the update) but it is just the right thing for filthy casuals like myself, except for the fully non-casual entry fee.

Maybe I should back off a bit and hunt for decent free add-on fighter jet. Is it too much for me to expect Assetto Corsa levels of mod support for car whores in MSFS?

Administrator
    Well, a few days after they fixed the Gaming Services messup, XBL has spent the better part of the last 5 hours having a massive outage.

Microsoft is not having a good week.

EDIT: Back up. Looks like they were out for about 6 1/2 hours.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 25th, 2021 at 05:53 PM.

Administrator
    Asobo finally buckled and released a hotfix for the flaps issue they introduced with the last world update, so now you shouldn't suddenly have double the amount of lift you should when the flaps are extended.

It doesn't bother me that bugs like this get introduced, but it does bug me that Asobo initially weren't going to issue a hotfix for this. Having the flaps work right feels like a pretty fundamental part of the sim, and while they issued a workaround that involved editing the config for each plane, apparently you could only do that for the base set of aircraft, none of the ones that came with the upsell versions, as their config files are encrypted.

Administrator
    Somebody just popped up on my ATC radio saying they were out of FL675. Someone's having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Somebody just popped up on my ATC radio saying they were out of FL675. Someone's having a good time.
    I don't get it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    They were at 67,500 feet. That's crazy spyplane altitude, but they supposedly were flying for the Everglades regional carrier who, I am assuming, do not have a fleet of U-2s or SR-71s as part of their fleet.

Junior Potato
    They could have used Yeet mode to get up there.