Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

Administrator
    Looking forward to checking this out, the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas were both pretty underwhelming previously.

Administrator
    Nighttime Vegas looks pretty great, including the big beam of light coming out of the top of the Luxor pyramid.

Junior Potato
    More updates announced. This is a big one!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-uk-in-january

Full VR support for all devices coming December 22nd!

Plus the next world update will focus on England, Scotland and Wales on January 26th. They're looking into doing all of Ireland as well but that may not make it into world update 3.

And there will be further world updates for the United States. The next one will feature content from Alaska and Hawaii, and we may be treated with a 3rd USA update down the track.

Administrator
    I've been struggling with the autopilot often wanting to turn around, go back to the last waypoint, and then turn around again when I activate an approach. Just found this video where it turns out if you manually add the transition point for your approach as a new waypoint in the flight plan, then activate the approach, it'll do what you'd expect it to.

EDIT: Confirming that this works great and actually makes ILS landings possible even if you haven't defined the approach when setting up the flight, just did a stormy weather flight into Atlanta with the Daher TBM and was able to set up and activate the approach once ATC told me which one to go for. It's also really nice having that onscreen keyboard with the Daher's setup, a lot easier to navigate than the G1000 in the 172.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 4th, 2020 at 10:25 AM.

Junior Potato
    Aerosoft (reportedly the biggest 3rd-party developer of content for flight sims) has announced pricing for the reportedly highly anticipated CRJ airliner mod.

We have decided on pricing:

The CRJ 550/700 will cost €42 (plus your local vat when applicable).
    The CRJ 900/100 will cost €16.75 (plus your local vat when applicable).
    The CRJ 900/1000 will require the CRJ 550/700 to be installed on the system.
    That's an eye-wateringly high price for what is to me not a very interesting aircraft, but simmers be simmers and I'm sure that Aerosoft will do well out of this product.

Administrator
    The CRJ was one of my favorites to fly on older sims. But not *that* much of a favorite.

Junior Potato

What! The CRJ has been the bane of my pre-2020 traveling existence.

The 700/900 aren't too bad.

The 200, or the "Canadian Torture Tube" is horrible. Taken too many flights on that POS.

And that price actually isn't that bad for an in depth airliner for flight sims with multiple variations.

Junior Potato
    MS Flight Sim confirmed for Xbox Series S|X in summer 2021 (that's winter for normal people like me).