Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

Blocked in America.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Me watching this video: yeah, uh-huh, oh yeah, hmmmmmm, yeah give it to me, oooh yeah, ooooooooooohhhhhhhh, you like that, huh?

3:14 - jizz. All over my screen.

Oh, this just looks better and better every time I check this thread.

For some one that's not going to mod, how barebones/watered down will the Series X version expected to be (Summer 2021 release)?

Junior Potato
    It’ll be everything you see here, except for VR support and fully open mods. There is a 3rd-party marketplace built into the game where mod vendors can sell mods directly to players, so I expect that to be available on Xbox.

But I don’t think you’ll be able to download mods off the web like PC users can. And for you, that doesn’t matter.

That's more than acceptable.

Administrator
    It's obviously also not all that sim like with an XBox controller, but it is surprisingly good. I'm mostly wondering how you deal with all the various buttons/dials/switches in the cockpit without a mouse.

Junior Potato
    I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you, and I even use an Xbox controller when I couldn't be bothered pulling out the flight stick. I would imagine the most logical thing to do would be to just plug in an actual mouse (and playing some FPSs on Series X/S already allows this). And they've already said that a wide range of devices will be able to be used with the Xbox anyway, so a mouse wouldn't be a big leap.

But it's entirely possible to play the game completely mouse free if you're willing to sacrifice a bit of immersion and realism in exchange for having the plane already started and on the runway ready for takeoff. For those who want the full experience, they're probably already playing it on PC anyway. It's the sort of thing that attracts 60-year-old dudes and this demographic won't be buying Xboxes!

Administrator
    Well, Michele got me a Honeycomb Flight Yoke for V-day. Now I gotta shop for a throttle quadrant.

Junior Potato
    That's a helluva Valentine's gift. Your wife seems very special. How many women would want a throttle quadrant for Valentine's Day?

Administrator
    Well, she's always had a thing for propeller pitch.