Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

Administrator
    Mine just goes right down to 4-5 and stays there. All the controls/mouse pointer/everything gets super slugging and it's like a slideshow. I've even had it happen when looking at the globe when trying to set up a flight, though that can usually be remedied by backing out to the welcome screen again and going back to the globe.

I've noticed the weather is pretty out of sync from real life when set to live. Especially if you do more than one flight in the session. At that point, it's always clear skies. Even though you might hear thunder, lol.

Anyway, loving the Bravo. A bit tricky to get working properly like you said.

I've been getting a bit back into XPlane as well. I still prefer it for Airliners. But I also just did a sunset flight from Fort Worth to Denver area in a Mooney in FS2020 with the Bravo setup for General Aviation complicated. It's just so gorgeous. Really nice feel compared to those Saitek things.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Administrator
    New patch is out for performance issues. I still get a few stutters here and there, but I didn't get that "framerate goes to hell and stays there" in an hour+ long flight over the LA area, and overall framerates went up pretty significantly, I'd say around 40-50%.

Now I can really screw around with the Bravo.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I really should pick this up...

Junior Potato
    Get it via Game Pass.

Administrator
    I'd second this for now. I bought it so I'd get the extras (like 10 more planes and a bunch of airports). Almost all the extra planes have some significant issues that they've said they have no plans to address. Game Pass gets you everything but those incomplete planes and some airports (the airports will still be there, they just won't be hand-modeled).

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Game pass is? MS thing, or Steam, or (slightly embarrassed)

Administrator
    MS. It's a $10 a month subscription service (man, it was $5 late last year, what happened) and looks like $1 for the first month.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xb...%3aoverviewtab

Kinda like most subscription services, it gives you access to whatever games they happen to have on it for as long as you keep up your sub. The games can come and go, though it's probably less likely that'll happen with Microsoft's own titles.

Female Masturbatory Aid

I noticed on a longer flight yesterday, my frame rates dropped off significantly as I approached the DFW are (the area specifically mentioned in the patch description...). I'm usually at 30 or so on the ground near DFW when starting there. Up to 50-60 in cruise.

I was seeing 10-13 in cockpit, 12-15 exterior view. I even dropped my GFX settings significantly and saw no improvement.

I checked task manager and my CPU and GFX card were hardly working at all. It's like it went into a power save mode for FS2020 or something.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)