Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

Junior Potato
    So majestic, many wow

Junior Potato
    This is really cool:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...crosoft/369791

Charity endurance flight from Perth to Sydney, using slow piston planes only. The beneficiary of this event was the Royal Flying Doctor Service. Looks like there will be more similar events in the future.

Junior Potato
    France and Benelux update out today. 17GB. Yet another absolutely stunning trailer. And an official KLM livery for the 787 too!

Last edited by Rare White Ape; April 13th, 2021 at 05:08 PM.

Administrator
    Finally set aside a day to get the "Frequent Flyer Miles" achievement, fly from near Asobo headquarters in Bordeaux to near Microsoft headquarters at Seatac. Took 9:45, at least 2:30 of which was left letting the autopilot handle itself over the Atlantic while I went out and had margaritas and a burrito.

At least one part of the system has a real problem figuring out the 787 fuel usage. The World Map claimed that with the normal 50% fuel load I'd run out partway across Canada, so I bumped it to 84% (at 85% it starts moaning about weight balance) and the World Map showed me making it, but not by a lot, maybe a couple hundred extra miles possible. Landed with 50% left, so I only used about 34%.

Administrator
    Good sign if you're waiting for an XBox version - the latest update includes "Creation of an Xbox X|S dedicated page in the documentation, which gathers the latest info & best practices to port content on Xbox."

Administrator
    At E3 they announced that FS2020 will be coming to XBox next month along with a Top Gun themed add-on.

They haven't shown that they're great at jets yet, so I'll probably hold off on the Top Gun thing until we hear how it is. I know I'm still slightly miffed at spending extra money for the 787 and getting something that still doesn't work right.

Junior Potato
    The Top Gun thing is free so worry not my little child

It’s also coming in November around when the film hits theatres.

Administrator
    Ahh, that's what I get for skimming the notice about it.

Hopefully I can find an XSX some day, would love to try this

Junior Potato
    Here’s the trailer. Coupla new planes (F-18 Super Hornet and Lockheed SR-72 thingy seen in the movie trailer) and details like snow landing gear, plus landing interaction effects for dust, snow, and water. And new liveries too.