Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Sims

Junior Potato
    Indeed it is!

I spent all day downloading it and went to LHR to have a look. All the Xbox kiddies were out in droves. I love it! I've never seen the skies so full.

Dammit, Mick, I am so close to have no immediate interest in buying new gaming hardware for a couple years, stop it!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Well I’ll tell you a little secret Keef: flying is actually pretty boring. It looks fun and looks beautiful, but once the sheen wears off you’re left with plenty of stuff-all to do.

So FS is a sometimes game for me. I’ve only been playing it this last week because of the new update. In a few days I’ll be past it again, until the next big thing. Consider that in your hardware buying urge. Wait until FH5 comes out, and consider a PC over an Xbox. One is a business expense and the other isn’t

I have little interest in FH5, the racing has never been good in my experience and the role playing experience (getting all the little options, hitting all the buttons in the car, customizing your avatar/home/etc) never lived up to Test Drive Unlimited, so I could never get super into the series. The most fun I had in the series was making drift videos in the demo for FH3, and for some reason by the time the full game came out I didn't even want to do that anymore.

And I am not very interested in spending $1000 or so on a PC to stick in a side room away from all my big comfortable stuff.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Lounge gaming PC FTW!

But honestly, I can confidently say that buying either that or a new Xbox is not the best purchasing decision for you right now based on what you've said, at least until the new Forza Motorsport or some other game you like comes out and proves to be good.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; July 28th, 2021 at 07:34 PM.

Junior Potato
    Not MSFS related, but I enjoy the heck out of this video.

Administrator
    The performance improvements are pretty impressive so far. I've only got a 60hz monitor, but with the same settings I was using before at 4K it steadily holds 60fps even above and around LAX. Going to have to see what settings I can start bumping up and keep that framerate.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that it's just that the FBW A32NX needs to be updated after the latest sim update, I tried to do a quick flight and had all sorts of weirdness with the autopilot.

Junior Potato
    Yeah, my mods are a bit wonky as well. I haven’t bothered to look for updates yet

Which reminds me, a lot of the additional official content has been updated as well. Navigate your way to the content manager and you’ll see.

Also if you are having CTDs delete your scenery caches and start fresh.

Administrator
    Ahh, I did have one CTD, I'll give that a shot. I have to admit, after downloading the ~40GB update, having to download another 28GB from the content manager was an unpleasant surprise, but it finished eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The performance improvements are pretty impressive so far. I've only got a 60hz monitor, but with the same settings I was using before at 4K it steadily holds 60fps even above and around LAX. Going to have to see what settings I can start bumping up and keep that framerate.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that it's just that the FBW A32NX needs to be updated after the latest sim update, I tried to do a quick flight and had all sorts of weirdness with the autopilot.
    I think they just released (or previewed an upcoming release). And it includes an EFB.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)