Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my motorcycle thread

my motorcycle thread

New forum, might as well start a new thread, pretty much a continuation of the old one. My current bike is the 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300, my first full fledged street bike, got it in June of 2013.

Brief history of my riding experience since this is a new forum. First bike was a 1978 Honda XR75 on Christmas of 1977, I was 11. Stuck with the XRs through the 80s, up to a 250, did trail riding, nothing too tough, missed some time during college and the navy. In the 90s, had a '94 Kawasaki KX125, great fun, ripping hyper engine, not good on tight trails, excellent suspension. It got stolen. 2000s; Got a 2006 KTM 200XCW for cheap, but dropped another 1000$ into it to make it perfect, and it was soooo sweet, my best bike ever. Oh, it got stolen too. Got a 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S in 2008, made major mods to it, that puppy ripped when I was done with it. My dirt bike riding buddies were getting fewer, and a pain to get a hold of. Also, my favorite place to ride got closed down to bikes, ATVs only. Then I sold my POS pickup truck. Dirt bike riding for me hit the skids, but I still felt the need to ride. So I sold my KLX in spring of 2013, and bought the Ninja in June of 2013.

This year, the winter has been long and brutal. I still ride a little when the weather is not too bad. I rode to work this Saturday, it wasn't too harsh, 38F, my neck got kind of cold, but that didn't worry me. On the way home it was close to 50F, I saw a few bikers the other way, and I gave the shocker hand gesture as my biker wave, doubt anyone noticed, I just amused myself pretty much, plan to do that some more.

Cool. I had the 250 version as my first street bike.
    I rode the z800 in Europe last year, but was upset it was white not green.

Junior Potato
    I want one of these. That is all.

Is that the same engine as the Duke 690?

The Z800 seems cool, but right now my first choice for a next bike is the Yamaha FZ-09.

Invest in a thermal dickie for your neck. Fantastic piece of kit, I love mine.

Get a nice, thick ascot.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnight View Post
    Is that the same engine as the Duke 690?
    Yep. It shares the frame with the Duke as well.

There has got to be a name for that article of clothing more appropriate for motorcyclists. Ascot? Dickie?!! Sheesh.

Neck sock

Are you going to take the Ninja to the quarter-mile track? You should, I bet it's faster than the Mustang.

EDIT: After looking it up, looks like it's a driver's race -- both are low 14-second vehicles.
    Last edited by novicius; March 29th, 2014 at 03:12 PM.