Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS

If Project Cars sucks on the Xbone (I'm still downloading it), you could play Rocket League for free this week-end.

And NBA 2K17. I can relive the Suns abysmal season, this time in throwback black jerseys!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Holy potatoes, the controls are twitchy, at least in the karts. I think it will be better once I become accustomed to the controls. I started my career in karts and only did a few races. I did not see any glitches like others have mentioned. I am interested for now. I think I may be playing Rocket League this week-end.

Even with a wheel, I've found the smaller karts to be extremely sensitive.
    Haven't come back to the superkarts as yet.But they were bearable with a controller at least.

Junior Potato
    My favourite car to race is the Formula 3 knockoff class. They're fast and fun and easy to control. Set your AI opponents to 7 or 8 for a great challenge.

Drove a McLaren F1 at LeMans. Was surprised at the lack of braking markers. Both normal and assisted steering were bad for controller use. Haven't decided if I'll bother trying to get comfortable with it, considering my time will be reserved for other things in two weeks.

I dl'd it... But, it sounds like it's not even worth trying it.

If your download wasn't buggy, it's definitely worth trying, the controller steering is just very different from the default in Forza. If you use simulation steering or a wheel, it should be an easier transition.

Trying so hard to like this game, but the handling model is so bad. I can't dial the suspension in enough to keep a Clio Cup car from swapping ends when the front wheels are barely turned and you breathe on the brakes. I've even resorted to ABS, and it's no help. So far, it's been much easier to drive the LMP car at the beginning, than any other car, and that should not be the case.

Trying to race a Ford Cortina at Road America was frustrating as hell. Had to run TCS to keep the backend from coming around in almost every corner, despite setting the car up with a tremendous push to try and get rid of the problem.

Wow, I'm really having trouble driving this game too. Just testing the BMW 1 series around Road America was near impossible without spinning. I just touch the brakes and I can't tell if I'm locking up the tires or what. The controller is vibrating and the car is not slowing down. It seemed I was getting a door slapper out of every corner that I can't recover from.

Not too impressed so far.