Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow 6

Rainbow 6

I downloaded the beta, and it feels good. It forces you to be good and vigilant on your moves and choices. Anyone else playing?

I downloaded the Beta as well but I haven't played it yet. Hopefully tonight.

Let me know what you think. If isn't like previous rainbows, but it sure as hell isn't like the current crop of fps games

Junior Potato
    D'oh!

Nice to find out about this on the last day of the beta.

I played for a bit last night. I specifically played the Terrorist Hunt on Realistic as Lone Wolf and also my Buddy joined for a few games.

It seems to be abit more tactical but it only feels that way because the terrorists are barricaded into the building. After you have entered the building it feels like the prior Rainbow Six games. It is fun blowing holes in the sides of the building or breaking through drywall and then shooting through the holes.

I haven't heard any funny dialog by the terrorists yet. I'm hoping they kept some of that because it was a great feature of the prior games that my buddies and I quote to this day.

"My face!"
    "Not bad asshole, not bad"
    "Bitch owed me money...Me too man, me too!"
    "Cover me...f you man cover me!"

I played quite a bit of the beta, both normal multiplayer and terrorist hunt, lone wolf and co-op.

Terrorist Hunt still has the frustration of AI characters spawning in, so though you can toss a drone in and scout an area, at some point several more will spawn from outside and run in. Still, before that happens, using the drone to scout out enemy and bomb locations, planning a coordinated attack (when your teammates actually have mics), and having them go to plan is very rewarding. I miss the lack of cover mechanics, but it's likely I would have just used them as a crutch and not benefited from them.

The 5 vs 5 multiplayer is a lot of fun, but also very difficult against decent teams. There are so many ways to get into and reinforce every room, and you need to figure out which room(s) to get into. It's a great game of chess. With teams full of people on mic, even losing was pretty entertaining, because we could call out locations and plans, and dead players just become camera operators.

If we had 5 players all on mic for a night in casual lobbies, I bet we could win more than we lose, just with the smallest bit of coordination (blowing two holes in a room at the same time, sticking together, etc).

I call dibs on the medic with the P90 and the healing gun
    Get that weak shit off my track

I didn't like the p90. Which is funny because I love the 5.7 ammo it shoots. Give me the mp5 though and I am a happy kid.

I wish they had the mpx in .40s/w though, and a 300 blackout caliber AR style rifle.

I barely got to use the P90, between server problems and only one person per team being able to use each specialized character, I only got to be Doc for a couple defense rounds, both of which saw me getting a lovely surprise death. Never even got to use the healing gun.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I wish they had the mpx in .40s/w though, and a 300 blackout caliber AR style rifle.
    H&K HK417 is the closest to the Blackout AR style rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I call dibs on the medic with the P90 and the healing gun
    I miss your musk.