Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaming guilty pleasures

Gaming guilty pleasures

I won't try and dress it up as something it's not; I freakin' LOVE playing Farming Simulator '17. I was definitely a farmer in a previous life. Gone are the days of trying to find that perfect Green Hell lap in my heavy-man-hours-tuned FN2 Civic on Forza. No. Am I able to harvest the wheat in the North West field before it goes bad? Have I run out of artificial fertilizer? THE PANIC.

I've got it for the PS4 and for the 3DS, for my mobile fix, too. I've become obsessed. My wife is getting one of her friend's Dads who runs a farm to sort me out a ride on a tractor and combine.

It's not quite Barbie's Dreamhouse Party, but it's close...

I've wanted to get into that, especially when I lived in rural Wisconsin, but figured it would be a huge time suck.

Marvel Future Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I've wanted to get into that, especially when I lived in rural Wisconsin, but figured it would be a huge time suck.
    Knowing what you're missing out on, I encourage it, but yes - like a collapsing star.

But FP-Forage Harvesting? Hook, line, sinker

I haven't even touch the livestock/forestry stuff yet, either.

I play a lot of virtual golf on my mobile device. I play more video games than I probably should.

Junior Potato
    The Yakuza series of games on PlayStation.

I played Yakuza Zero at the start of this year and fell in love with its weirdness. It is just SO eccentric and wears its Japanese-ness on its sleeve. Wrapped in all that is one of the most carefully crafted and finely detailed games I've ever played.

My copy of Yakuza Kiwami arrived last week and I pre ordered the Yakuza 6 After Hours Premium Edition, which comes with an art book and a set of whisky glasses, drink coasters, and ice rocks. I'll never open it, when it arrives in March. Instead I'll buy another copy of the base game to use as my play disc. I really hope Kiwami 2 makes it to the west, and beyond that it'd be great if they remade the PS3 games for PS4 too. I'm missing Yakuza 3, and I've got 4 and 5, but they're both digital downloads thanks to PS Plus. I'd love to have a full set of physical games to add to my collection.

Super Mega Baseball Extra Innings. Got it with Games With Gold last year and it is my go to outside of Elder Scrolls Online.

Yakuza is NOT a guilty pleasure. Unless, perhaps, you only play it for the pachinko machine.

Junior Potato
    Nah it's the karaoke and the cat fights.

That's OK too, since I assume that in your neck of the woods you don't have easy access to karaoke parlours or cosplay.