Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS

Yeah, I must have missed the option for the helmet. I like using the stardard in car so far, though I did like the look to apex when I drove the R18

I've maxed out the AI, and now they just drive like I'm not even there, ramming me in like every corner

Junior Potato
    I'm delving into the world of open wheelers. Here you're in the realm of careless AI and lots of crashing (and a crazy grid glitch that I'll let you discover), but awesomely good to drive. Formula C at the big Willow Springs track is stupid fun.

Did my first session online last night. GT3's at various tracks. Started out with a 2nd at Spa. Then the field expanded as we went to Silverstone, Monza, and Bathurst. Won both races in Europe, and then was 3rd on the grid for Bathurst when it crashed on loading the race. Tons of fun, good fields.

Just went to go play, and all of my controls were reset. It would be nice if we could save controller setups.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Well if it ruins the realism for you, it's not just nitpicking, carry on

Realism, not fun factor. And i mainly mean in terms of replays, or watching other cars (which you don't really get time to do when racing).

Junior Potato
    Fuck there's some utter boneheads on the Internet. And it's been so long since I raced anyone online that I've forgotten how to deal with them.
    No
    Fun
    At
    All
    Another thing: there's no way to do a global mute of everyone on PS4 like you can with Xbox. If I'm not using a headset, which is always, then player sounds come out of my centre channel at quite a high volume.

I get to hear dudes chewing, dudes with terrible audio feedback, dudes yelling at their kids, dudes on the phone. It's great!

One by one, they get muted. Eventually I'll mute them all!

Got this for Xbox One. Man the core game is great especially for consoles, really feels like you are playing a PC sim on your console. So many options too.

I guess Xbox users are having the most issues with controller sensitivities and I can attest to that. Spent my first couple hours trying to dial in some good settings, made it usable but wow there is a long way to go. I guess a patch is being tested right now which will hopefully cure some of the issues. Certain cars I can control pretty well and others not. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a controller problem or just getting used to the physics, I haven't been able to complete a race yet (out of 4) in the Clio Cup car without a spin off track. Usually it's left handers into a braking zone, think maybe I'm getting lift off oversteer but I can't always save it.

There is so much good to this game that I will persist with the controller issues and hopefully they'll get worked out, otherwise I may have to get a wheel.

So much completeness and realism to the 'racing' simulation aspects of it, really feels like the anti-GT/Forza.

AI still needs some work......

Junior Potato
    I've noticed that in a nudging situation the physics definitely favour the car behind, which is usually the car at fault. A good bump will send the car in front way off course. Fun for online play!

And I've often come unstuck when I've rubbed against an AI car and they get 'locked' together, either from behind or to the side, like in a PIT maneuver. Neither car will be able to maintain control of itself and both wil head on some sort of a trajectory that seems like an approximation of what both cars want to do.

Those are the two most frustrating things about being run into by well meaning fuck faces on the Internet.