Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS

Yeah, having it pop up here has me back in it full time. Been racing at least an hour every night the last few nights. My progression has been different, though. I spent the whole first season running the BMW 320D series (which is awesome now that I've learned it), and a stupid 125cc Shifter Kart series that I loathe but won.
    Been doing some club race events on the side and some of them are bonkers. I didn't look at the track and selected the Audi R8 LM prepped car for an Audi club day, turns out it was on a .74mi 6 turn club track, whoops. 34 second laps.

Really enjoying it though. Hoping the Kart championship gets me noticed by a junior open wheel team soon, though I'm pointing my career towards GT cars so who knows.

Have found a pretty workable set-up for the Grp5 BMW 320 turbo. Able to run it with no tcs or abs, although the one race at Donnington where it rained for three laps, then poured on the last lap cost me a win since the ai can run in a downpour better than I can on slicks.

*A little more tweaking, and it's at 1:05.790 at Silverstone Intl.
    Last edited by racerfink; February 26th, 2017 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Add lap time

COTA shown for PCars 2
    Get that weak shit off my track

Not trolling, just curious if you think PCars 2 will come to Switch? I assume not but they pretended they were coming to Wii U so I'm curious if they've said either way.

They've already said no. I genuinely believe them when they said they had all intentions of coming to the Wii U, but when they got their new tire model that far outpaced the capabilities of the Wii U that it became more important to implement that tire model than to have a Wii U version. My assumption is that tire model also won't work on the Switch.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that was the specific reason why they backed off.

That was the explanation they gave. One of the leads said in the forums, in an ELI5 way, that the tire model took 3 processor cores to compute in real time. For the XBox One and PS4, with 8 core CPUs, that wasn't a problem. For the Wii U, that's it, it only has 3 CPU cores. When they had originally said that they had the game running "well" on the Wii U and just needed optimization, it was on a simpler, 1-core model. I'm sure the details are more complicated than that, but it seems reasonable and would definitely be a show stopper.

*checks*

The Switch is likely a 4+4 big.LITTLE setup, aka 4 fast cores and 4 battery savers for doing minor functionality.

Junior Potato
    Yeah nah modern racing sims wouldn't be a fit for Switch at all. It could easily do something to the level of Forza 4 or GT6 but you'd be pushing it if you wanted a proper full bones sim on Switch.

I'm hoping EA decides to do something with the Real Racing series. They already have the engine and assets designed for the Tegra.

Played online for the first time last night. GT3 cars on mostly the tracks they run on. For some reason, I started dead last every single time in my buddies lobby. Getting through traffic was a chore on the narrow tracks, but when I did quickly, I could run fast times with stock tunes.

We need to set up a race some weekend with a couple of practice sessions, qualifying, and race.