• Felipes Silberpfeil

0 0%
  • Daniels Durchflusssensor

1 12.50%
  • Kobayashi's brake cylinder

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

I'd love to know just what Ricciardo has done to anger the karma gods so much. Two races in, he's driven really well and he's dead last in the championship and has a 10 place grid penalty for Bahrain.

He's taken on the debt of luck Webber ran up in that first race for Minardi.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500 View Post
    "Valtteri is faster than you" gave me a chuckle.
    Williams' folks should've known such radio communications would trigger deep emotional response from Massa... Probably wasn't the best way to talk to him. It came as no surprise that Massa didn't obey.

Anyway, if Valtteri couldn't pass Massa, most likely he couldn't pass Jenson too.

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    I'd love to know just what Ricciardo has done to anger the karma gods so much. Two races in, he's driven really well and he's dead last in the championship and has a 10 place grid penalty for Bahrain.
    Probably that silly grin or smile on his face. He just looks way too happy... so God also wants to help him exercise his frowning muscles too!

Anyway, he appears to be talented enough... I'm sure sooner or later he'll shine.

Quote Originally Posted by IMOA View Post
    He's the number 2 driver at RB--comes with the job description.
    Whoomah!

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, if Valtteri couldn't pass Massa, most likely he couldn't pass Jenson too.
    Indeed.

As I almost always say, let them race. It's rare and special cases where I think team orders to give way are OK. This wasn't one of them. If he couldn't pass Massa, I have a hard time imagining him being able to pass Button.

Saying it like that was severely insulting too. If I were Massa I'd badly want to punch whomever said it in the face. That was the last time he was in a position to actually win a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    He's the number 2 driver at RB--comes with the job description.
    Ouch.

Massa believed that Valtteri wouldn't have done much better to catch up Jenson as the finn struggled to downright clearly pass him (aside from team orders) AND the team would get the same amount of points no matter if they switched or not. That's very smooth thinking by an experienced driver.

Williams sheepishly replied they didn't like Massa's way to approach the matter and they said they would have let Bottas try to pass Jenson and in case that came to nothing they would have ordered the finn to switch places with Massa in the second last or last lap. Yeah, Sure. ROFL.
    Last edited by Blerpa; April 1st, 2014 at 06:01 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    Thinking (and personally, hoping) the same. Lets see!
    Not just won, He Grand Chelem'd it too.
    Sepang International is a bitch and he spanked it.
    acket.

Well isn't that fancy.

http://jalopnik.com/mercedes-f1s-sec...alf-1558154190

As Sky F1 reports, Mercedes has split its turbo in half. The turbine that takes the hot exhaust gas is at the back of the V6 and the turbine that compresses the cool air is at the front of the engine. The two are linked by some kind of complicated shaft running through the vee of the engine. I mean, I say it must be complicated, because noone else has figured out how to do this, so it's got to be complicated.7891011

There are two key advantages for this, as Sky F1 explains. The first is that the cool turbine up front stays cooler since it's now far away from the hot exhaust turbine in the back. This means that Mercedes doesn't need as big an intercooler to keep the compressed air going into the engine cool. That means they can package the car tighter around the engine, making it more aerodynamic.

Mercedes can also package their transmission closer to the center of the car. The gearbox sits behind the engine, and now it has more room since there's only half a turbo back there taking up space.