Page 67 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

Quick Charge is the closest you'll get to a standard for, well, quick charging. It's insane. 10 minutes in the car gets me around 20% on the S7, even more if it's starting form a low base battery life figure.

Anybody here have any hands-on experience with Huawei? I know they made one of the final Nexus phones.. I'd like to know how they stack up against others over the course of 2-3 years. Reviews say they're U.S. tech support is non-existent.

A friend replaced his ancient Nexus 4 with a Huawei Honor 8, and is overall satisfied with it. He's only had it for a month, but says that not being on stock Android (or, at least an old version of it) isn't that different, apart from not being able to customize the pull-down menu. He also said that his home router resets every hour, which he thinks is tied to the phone.

Administrator
    Best I've got is that my dad bought a Huawei. He's happy with it, but he basically only uses it for phone calls, and only outgoing as he keeps it powered down unless he wants to make a call. I got nothing else.

Be wary of assistance and long term firmware updates with Huawei. Also their Leica-powered flagships aren't all that good in photographic quality compared to other flagships in the market (Basically the 4 bros: S8, Pixel, HTC U11 and OP5).

My wife has had the (Huawei)Nexus 6p for over a year now and likes it. No idea about any support functions, we've never had to contact anyone. It's been solid the whole time.

Didn't take too long for bugs to pop up. Most of the time I have roughly 1-1.5%/hr of battery use during 'standby/screen off'. But last night for whatever reason, it was closer to 5%/hr, causing my phone to go from 35% down to 2% while I slept. Looking at battery stuff the following morning, didn't really tell me much, other than maybe Android System and Android OS were doing something, but I have no way of telling. Any thoughts? Here's a link to screenshots I took of battery stuff http://imgur.com/a/VApwF

Yesterday I charged the phone to 100% in the morning, and put it through it's paces, as well as tested out a couple camera apps for a while, hence high battery use for those two (I think). The rest looks pretty 'normal' to me, but I'm Android ignorant.

Also this morning, unrelated, bluetooth was really really choppy in my car, audio would cut out every couple of seconds. I've had some hiccups before, but not like that. So that'll need investigating as well, I guess.

I'm having an issue with bluetooth audio in my car, too. http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?...l=1#post109637

It sounds like OnePlus is responsible for this somehow. But my research lasted 15 minutes. Seems to be an OxygenOS issue or Android 7.1.1.

And yeah, I dislike the cryptic battery usage blame. When I get higher drainage it'll say something like that: Android System, or Google Services or something.

What camera apps have you tried? I just downloaded Open Camera but am finding the UI clumsy.

My phone disappeared photos again yesterday.

Glad I don't go anywhere where I'd be mad at lost memories.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    I'm having an issue with bluetooth audio in my car, too. http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?...l=1#post109637

It sounds like OnePlus is responsible for this somehow. But my research lasted 15 minutes. Seems to be an OxygenOS issue or Android 7.1.1.

And yeah, I dislike the cryptic battery usage blame. When I get higher drainage it'll say something like that: Android System, or Google Services or something.

What camera apps have you tried? I just downloaded Open Camera but am finding the UI clumsy.
    Car audio: I haven't looked into it. I'll reboot my phone before getting in the car to go home today and see if it still has issues. This morning was the only time the issue was anything I'd call significant. Almost like the BT connection is being interfered with.

Camera: Pretty much just OnePlus's camera app, and the Google Camera APK that had HDR+ enabled. The latter is a bit buggy on OP5, still decent for landscape photos, but that's about it. I'm actually overall pretty happy with the stock camera app, it could just use some processing optimization, which hopefully they continue to work on.

Battery: I'm seeing suggestions of cache clearing on a regular basis, in general for Android phones, as a 'cure' for random battery draining, but that seems like a clumsy solution. Also some posts suggesting things like f.lux, or the app I use, Twilight, being an issue, and not reporting the app as using battery, but rather the system. (I use Twilight on top of Night Mode for night time use, because even Night Mode is too bright in the dark, imo) I'll try doing some cache cleaning today before going to sleep, while using Twilight, and if there's still a problem, the next night, I'll uninstall Twilight and see what my results are.