Page 91 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

I'm thinking B&W PX7 S2 for my travel headphones I like my old Audio Technicas but they are a bit too uncomfortable to wear for more than 1-2 hrs at a time.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; August 11th, 2022 at 06:23 PM.

Administrator
    They do come with different sized tips, but apparently I have giant ears along with my giant head. I have the biggest ones on and the little diagnostic test thing they have tells me that I need to go up a size.

I'm in a racer group chat with mostly iPhone users and it's fucking awful.

*Chris emphasized a message*

My Pixel 4a updated to Android 13 today (when I told it to check again for the update). So far the biggest change is that the lock screen audio widget is much cooler looking.

Oh, now I see that music controls in the notification shade have that same updated look.

Screenshot_20220815-184703.jpg

I forgot how small and terrible attached images are!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Nice looking home screen all around.

I listened to a couple comparative audio samples of various ANC headphones on YouTube. It's not wholly accurate of course but with using a good pair of headphones or speakers at home it's about as close as you can get to auditioning without actually doing it. Seems good for assessing general things like tonal balance, quality of the bass and treble etc if the reviewer does their recording well. Anyway my findings are the Sony XM5s sound a little dark and heavy with some music, generally the Sennheiser Momentum 4s sound more open and detailed, with really good definition and texture to the bass (it's not boomy or muddy at all, yet it's very much present and not buried in presentation). Fantastic for vocals. However for metal, which is a lot of what I listen to, the Sonys are way better. Their emphasis on the upper bass / lower midrange, which gives them that dark/weighty sound, picks up a crunchy drop-tuned guitar really well. There was one song sample where I didn't know a rhythm guitar was there at all until it switched to the XM5 and there it was, crunching away.

To some degree you can play with EQ but both models have only 3-band in their apps which is somewhat limiting.

The Bose 700s are often in these comparisons too and boy do they sound not good to my ears. And kind of familiar. I think I am ready to move on from Bose now that there are proper alternatives in the market. I keep weighing up ANC abilities (Sony wins hands down), open and detailed sound (Sennheiser wins), cost (Sennheiser wins), battery life (Sennheiser), etc. I can only guess that even the Sennheisers will do ANC at least as well as my 10-year old Bose QC15s (I can't find any comparisons like this with headphone models 10+ years apart), and that would be good enough for me. So I'm kind of leaning that direction.

I eliminated the B&Ws from my list as soon as I found they can't be used wired.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    In recent related news: Will Apple bend to peer pressure? Half the world hopes so.
    AT&T needs to get their head out of their ass on this too.

Any new phones as of this year I think, you're stuck with their own servers for RCS, which can only use RCS with other AT&T phones on their service. Not all RCS phone using whatever else there is like before. So when I got my S22, I lost all my group chat andd individual RCS chats, since no one else i know has a brand new AT&T phone (maybe just Samsung too?)
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Even if you switch to the Google Messages texting app?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Hmm. Of the lot my first choice would probably be the B&Ws. But it's academic as they're not available here yet.

That's interesting on AT&T/Samsung RCS. I wonder if the story is any different on another brand of phone, or one that is unlocked but has an AT&T sim card inside. (I have AT&T.)

Kind of off topic but since I've already been on the subject here, no ragrets so far with the Sennheiser Momentum 4s. The real test will be on my next flight in a week and a half but just evaluating them at home I'm impressed. The sound signature is not super flat but its coloration is definitely fun, not overdone, and there is a lot of detail and nuance to the sound. I've never heard headphones go this deep in the frequency range - bass drum kicks are *really* good: deep and tight. I also never knew headphones could image this well. For once it can sound like sounds are coming from outside the headphones. I listened to a new song first thing that had a door knock in it and it fooled me good!

So while not super flat in the frequency response, as is my general preference (I use studio monitors as computer speakers, and my go-to at-home cans are AKG K240 Studios), I'll mainly use the Sennheisers on flights and they're most definitely enjoyable to listen to and far more accurate/detailed than my Bose QC15s.

Even Bluetooth sounds okay, and sometimes might be worth the convenient features (like pausing automatically when the headphone are removed, and resuming automatically when they're put back on). I expect for now to still use the cord and headphone jack though.