Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

Pixel 2 is not sold in Italy (MEH) and Pixel 2 XL would be a decent proposition if:
    1) Didn't cost more than my Galaxy S9+ in here (True story)
    2) Didn't have a meh display (Pixel 2 on the other hand has a decent display)
    3) Didn't lack MicroSD (like usual for Pixel and Nexus -reiterative MEH)
    4) Didn't lack 3.5 audio jack (fuck that noise. and fuck the abysmal adaptor Google provided with it)

All my friends that used to buy Nexus phones turned to OnePlus and Huawei, some to Samsung. None to Pixel... why? It costs too much and the normal Pixel 2 not sold in here.
    Last edited by Blerpa; July 9th, 2018 at 01:34 AM.

YW, it's probably the MicroSD.
    My Lexar 64gb C10 U1 crapped out and before I understood what was happening my phone was lagging more than an iPhone 5 with iOS 11 on it. And crashing. Terrible.
    Put in my old Samsung 32gb C10 U1 and made so the apps do save stuff first in the internal memory: now everything is ok once again.

Administrator
    Do you have a specific use case for the MicroSD? I used to use them but haven't missed it at all on my Pixel. I've got tons of stuff stored locally on my phone and I'm at 38% usage for local storage.

Since I'm paying my phone about 699 euro (carrier phone paid 20 euro/month for 30 months plus initial 99 euro fee) I expect to use it as I would do with a whole computer.
    I keep about 30GB of selected mp3 discographies in it, plus whole seasons of tv series in Full HD, and I do take many pictures - so my actual 64gb internal + 32gb external solution barely covers my needs.
    I've a 32gb LTE monthly offer, I do use Spotify once in a while, and I do use cloud for backups, but offline storage and use is always better.

That is why I got the 128 GB version of the Pixel XL
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Yep, same here. I've got about 9.3 gigs of pictures and 11 gigs of music (all of my favorite albums I keep setup for offline, otherwise I stream everything from Google Music), then about 20 gigs for other assorted things like games and apps. I guess it doesn't hurt that having the Pixel meant that you get unlimited storage of uncompressed images online.

Android phones seem to like to eat cheapo MicroSD, and then the alleged recovery tools make assumptions about the filesystems which Android violates. So, use quality MicroSD, not cheapo.

Or just go with tons of internal memory, like people are saying.

It was an expensive Lexar MicroSD, SW, unfortunately... I know it is useless to be a cheap skate with these kind of things.

I got a 256 gb Galaxy 9+ over the weekend. The extra gb of ram and better camera made it worth getting the plus over the normal galaxy.
    Came with a free 256 gb micro SD card too. So I have 512 gb storage. should last quite a while.
    And it's a significant upgrade from the Moto X.
    I still could care less for the curved screen. At least it isn't as annoying as I thought it would be.

TWO extra gb of RAM: S9 has 4GB versus 6GB in the S9+.
    Great storage variant and great gift!
    Curved screens still annoy me, but it seems they have got better since the ludicrous S7 Edge (and the experimental S7 Edge Plus).