Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

New problem:

All of my headphones, both wired and BT, and my BT speakers allow for a double press of play to skip to next song, except, my most commonly used Sony Wireless earbud things. They just stop playout. Similar results in all players. Changing the behavior in my default music player to not have double press be skip, just pause and plays real quick.

Interestingly, I think these are the only speaker/headset that ties volume level, so hitting volume up on the phone or the headset does the same thing, rather than being two independent volumes. Does anyone know how to change that behavior? Maybe it would solve the double press problem too.

Have you tried cancelling the Sony headphone pairing and pairing them as brand new?

Yeah. That didn't work, but I did find out that when in this mode, holding volume up skips forward, so that will do.

Ugh. Ever since the most recent update to my AT&T S9+, my battery life has gone to shit.

I was having no problem getting 24-30 hours. Now I'm down to half that. Contemplating a factory reset, but I'm thinking it will just update to the most recent software, and the problem will just come back.

Somehow I can't find any one else complaining online.

Is there a way to roll back?

Pissed.

I remember that happening with the Galaxy S3.

I think I got a Nexus 5 before they fixed it.

So, I reluctantly did a factory reset on my S9+ to try to solve my battery woes.

Wasn't too bad, since you can back up like 95% of it to the SD card, then just go in and adjust some settings, and log in to things at the end. Annoying thing was it wouldn't reconnect with my Gear S3 watch without resetting the watch. Again, a backup made it not too bad.

One day in, I'm cautiously optimistic. Today was use intensive. Lots of BT music, some wifi hotspot, lots of screen, lots of signal chasing (flew from FL to MI, left it on). After 12.5 hours, it's at 15%. That doesn't seem great, but considering the heavy use, and that it went only about 8-10 hours earlier this week, we'll see. Good thing is it doesn't seem to be draining as much when just sitting idle.

I have not done a software update yet, not sure if I'm going to bother.

Annoyingly, my problem of having no album art show up on the lock screen/android auto/watch is back, and opening up Samsung Music doesn't seem to help this time. Next step is a reinstall of the PlayerPro app.

Should have never had to do any of this.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Via Twitter:

Dieter Bohn @backlon
    Apr 17

Live in Samsung's Galaxy PR War Room:

"What a crummy hand we were dealt here."

"No."

"Should we delay the launch?"

"Don't you do it."

"I guess that..."

"Please I can't."

"You got to know when to hold 'em"

"Bye."

"KNOW WHEN TO FOLD 'EM! KNOW WHEN TO WALK AWAY!"

*runs*

Administrator
    The wife's Pixel XL started having issues and eventually found itself in a boot loop that even flashing the OS via fastboot couldn't fix (sounds like there was a hardware failure), so we upgraded to the Pixel 3 XL.

I did not expect to like this phone this much. The notch doesn't bother me at all, and things like the "Flip to shhh" feature are these little tiny quality of life features that I am really liking. It's also kinda cool having the "identify what song is playing" thing on the lock screen - I'm impressed at how many songs it's been able to pick up especially given that it doesn't actually go out to the cloud at all, it's entirely on the local chip for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm impressed at how many songs it's been able to pick up especially given that it doesn't actually go out to the cloud at all, it's entirely on the local chip for that.
    I don't understand how that would work, unless there's a digital code in the song. I thought that services like that worked by matching the audio snippets to what was in its store.

Edit: ok, it predownloads a song database: https://support.google.com/pixelphon.../7535326?hl=en
    Last edited by Kchrpm; April 22nd, 2019 at 05:01 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Yeah, that was maybe not as precise as I should have been. It gets a database from the cloud, but it doesn't actually send any queries out based on what you're hearing, so it's not like it's phoning home to tell the mothership what music is playing.