Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

Razer introducing their own phone, it's differentiating factors are the 120hz screen and 4000 mAh battery.

https://www.razerzone.com/mobile/razer-phone

^ I'm surprised they didn't do anything with neon leds

I have wireless headphones and flagships without headphone ports don't really bug me very much. I know it bugs a lot of people.

That phone is huge and marketed towards gamers. I think it's a bit silly to not have a headphone port.
    Last edited by DelSolMan; November 2nd, 2017 at 08:29 AM.

That Razer phone is bland, blocky, too big... and no headphone jack on a gamer oriented device? Fail.
    Probably gonna be a bigger fail than the Essential turd.
    Meanwhile Google Pixel 2 XL have many troubles with LG p-oled screen and audio recording.
    LG, selling shit since forever.
    If you want to spend a bit less and get a very good Android stock phone, just get the plain Pixel 2... not bezeless but it has a great Samsung Amoled display and the same camera as the 2 XL.
    Still no headphone jack. Fail.

Administrator
    Huh, I haven't read really anything negative about the Essential phone other than it's not selling at all.

Really depends on the circlejerk you're reading. On /r/Android it's worse than Hitler giving you aids. In reality, it's a high build quality phone, with a mostly stock install. It's only downsides are missing headphone jack, and a less than great camera (which has been improved via updates). Also it was expensive, but now it's cheaper. Frankly I'd gladly own one, myself, at that price, even if it's not exactly what I want.

Well, I dropped my Lumia 950 and cracked the screen. Took this is an opportunity to:
    1. purchase a replacement screen and a small device tool kit and get my hands dirty. I wanna fix the damn thing because I like it, and;
    2. switch to the wife's account and save some money.

Since I'm switching to her account... staying on the Windows Phone platform is nearly impossible. Plus I should really move on, since they basically declared it dead. I decided to check out the Pixel 2 XL.

From what I understand, any major issues people had have been worked out. Big fan of this thing. Phone is ridiculously responsive, the fingerprint reader is super fast, camera is awesome, solid apps for everything. Very happy so far.

Currently 'dating' someone who has a Pixel 2 XL, frankly I'm not all that impressed. It's slow to respond to things when locked (fingerprint or double tapping the screen), and seems to miss input at random times. The screen is 'ok' but has some color shifts that other premium OLED phones don't seem to have. The camera, while good for a phone, is very aggressive in noise reduction. I just don't understand why it's 'worth' $1000 (I have similar feelings when it comes to the iPhone X).
    Last edited by Jason; December 19th, 2017 at 11:24 AM.

I guess for how long I've been behind the times, my perception of responsive may be skewed

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    It's slow to respond to things when locked (fingerprint or double tapping the screen), and seems to miss input at random times.
    I have read reviews saying that the OnePlus phones' fingerprint unlocking is faster than the various flagship phones, so maybe you've been spoiled in that regard

Administrator
    While I haven't played with any other fingerprint unlocking systems, I've never felt like there was any sort of real delay when unlocking the Pixel XL 1.