Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

Would be lolz to drive around some US states (Alabama or something?) in a Geely SUV with Huawei branding, wearing a Huawei t-shirt and using a Huawei phone.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Lolz as in "no service available"?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Would be lolz to drive around some US states (Alabama or something?) in a Geely SUV with Huawei branding, wearing a Huawei t-shirt and using a Huawei phone.
    It would get old pretty quickly when you figure out that to a huge percentage of the US phone market, there are iPhones, Samsungs, then 'other Android' phones.

Maybe lolz when homeland security deport the driver.

I personally use Samsung phones but some of the stuff taken by my friends' Huawei phones are quite impressive.

I am curious how far the Trump administration will take their ban... will they just focus on problematic companies, such as Huawei and ZTE, or will they also shift their attention to other Chinese companies in their trade war (ie BBK, Xiaomi). I've enjoyed my OnePlus 5 and am eyeing the OnePlus 7, but this story has given me pause.

Administrator
    When we were down in Mexico, my wife realized her phone was missing while we were out at some little shop outside Teotihuacan. I wanted to try to find it, but to do that I'd have to log into her account that a) has a randomly generated password that's stored in her own keypass on her own dropbox account and b) uses two factor, so there was no way I could get into it. I'm not sure if there's a better way to deal with this, but what we ended up doing was creating a shared gmail account, adding that account in Settings->Accounts to both devices, then installing "Google Find My Device" from the play store and signing both phones into it with that account. Now either of us can locate either device, which should really help the next time this situation comes up.

One plus is that we can upload music to Google Music on that account and now both of our devices have access to our full music collection. One downside is that either of us could find out where the other one is at any given moment, which might suck if you were, say, shopping for a present (or up to something nefarious), but the phone does pop up a notification as soon as it's located with the app, so you get a message saying "This device was just located with Find My Device".

Not sure if there's a better way to set this up, but this setup would have been extremely helpful the couple of times one of us has suddenly realized we've misplaced our phone and the other one still has access to theirs. Oh, and it turned out her phone had gotten wedged between the seat and the wall of the tour bus when we got out of the bus, and after a thorough search we found it again, but it would have been really helpful to know that the phone was in the general vicinity vs. being dropped somewhere back in Teotihuacan.

That's a smart solution. I don't know if there's a better one, it'd have to be something like giving a different account the approval to locate you at any time.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    I'd prefer that if it was an option, that way I wouldn't have to had to make another account. That said, it's kinda nice to have this joint account that neither of us use to sign up for anything or send any emails from, it's just our "whatever we want to share" account.

Not to sound too old, but it's still a trip to have my entire music collection with me wherever I go.

You mean... Like someone with an ipod?

Administrator
    Well, sure, if you like carrying around an extra device like some old fart.