Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    I guess for how long I've been behind the times, my perception of responsive may be skewed
    The 950 and 950XL are great phones with a great interface and great cameras that I still prefer to my S7. The problem is that winmo betas are not that stable and most of the apps aren't too (Spotify Winmo being the best example of this).

I know little-to-nothing about how fingerprint sensors work, but some of the differences in individual experience might come down to your specific fingerprints. Certain patterns (loops/whorls/&c) might be slightly harder/easier for the sensor to interpret, and there are actually huge differences in the amounts and chemical profiles of the naturally occurring fingerprint oils between different people, which might smear or something.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    I have read reviews saying that the OnePlus phones' fingerprint unlocking is faster than the various flagship phones, so maybe you've been spoiled in that regard
    Reading around, it actually looks like 8.1 introduced some of the lag I was noticing, so maybe that's it.

Just picked up a Moto G5 Plus. Replaced my 1st Gen Moto G LTE. So fast.

Also replaced mapper's Galaxy III with one. She's very happy.

"Cheap" phones are pretty impressive these days.
    Whoomah!

Yup.
    Xiaomi M1 A1 with Android One is great too, mate of mine has it. Too bad it doesn't have NFC which I use with my camera.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Are there any phones with anti-reflective screens on the market?

Even if there are, just get the phone you want and a matte-ish screen protector.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I don't like those

You'd probably still like it more than putting up with a bad phone with a matte screen.

For the past year and a half I had been using an Alcatel One Touch(Droid 4.x) and liked it. Picked up an LG X-Charge in December to run the logging app my employer chose for us to use. Since it required Droid 5.1 at a minimum I had to upgrade. I got a good deal through Comcast. I really like the phone but hate the stupid logbook app because it suffers from stability and connectivity issues. So I carry two phones for work, one for normal calls/texting and the one stays in the truck all day to run the log app. Blech.