Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

If I go off contract and have an unlocked phone, I could use my phone as a wifi hotspot? Or would ATT still find a way to block that?

I use Solavei. No contract, pre- paid. $50 a month unlimited errthang.

If your contact is paid off and you have another phone, AT&T should unlock it for you. Or you could get an unlock code for a few dollars from an unscrupulous foreigner on eBay.

Typically, the best prices on eBay are paid by foreigners or resellers for foreign markets (that I assume have excessive import taxes), who will unlock a phone anyway. My GS3 and Janelle's GS2 were bought by Dominicans with Florida mailing addresses, and her Galaxy Captivate was bought by a Russian.

My GS3 also got laggy after the 4.3 update, and the battery life got noticeably worse.

As for the AT&T mobile Hotspot, I can't give a definite answer since I don't have an unlocked phone on AT&T. On my Nexus 5 which I use on T-Mobile, the portable hotspot tethering is in the system settings instead of an app. I did have to install the T-Mobile voicemail app via finding the .apk on a forum, for some reason it didn't show up in the app store. It did show up there for Janelle when she used her unlocked HTC One that she got from AT&T.

I wish I could give you a blanket yes/no if things would work perfectly, but there's a lot of 'it depends' on carrier and phone model when it comes to unlocked phones.

The Galaxy Nexus I have could hotspot because it wasn't an AT&T modified phone. If you buy an unlocked phone that is their version, it probably still won't work.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sony-xperia-z2-review

...the Xperia Z2 is the one of the very best Android phones available right now, excelling across the board, but scoring major points in the two areas of smartphone tech still open to improvement — camera and battery. And if you can deal with the blocky design and sheer size of the phone, it's definitely worthy of your consideration.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I'd probably get one IF I needed a new phone (which I clearly don't), and IF it had a 64-bit processor. As things stand, even IF I needed a new phone it'd certainly be more worthwhile to get a Z1.

Kicking the idea around for a new phone in the next 6 months or so. Current phone Motorola Atrix HD is getting slow to load, and battery life seems to be lagging. I am using an App killer and it still runs at 65-90% memory in use on a regular basis

So after looking on Sony's site. I was looking between the Xperia ZR (which is around the same size as my Atrix HD), but 500 USD. I scroll down to the Xperia Z Ultra LTE which is 50 USD cheaper, but offers more overall.

Why would I bother with the ZR?

No flash for the Ultra's camera, which is also crap.

Gotcha.

So the original Xperia Z is only 380 new from Best buy.

I wonder what newegg has it at?