Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

I've been burnt once (figuratively) by Sony phone, so I've been a Samsung user since (just because smashing the easy button). Generally I get two years of really good service out of them, before they start getting software/firmware glitchy and I retire them.

That said, all I really require from a phone is a good camera.

Currently I think I have an S9+, which I've had about a year or so.

I had one Sony phone previously that was disappointing but ok, and I've been using the original Google Pixel XL since release (4.5 years?)

I really really liked the xperia I had several years ago (until I threw it full-force on the concrete somehow). Would have liked to get another but I don't think my carrier has had any good ones available when I was in the market.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I'm using a OnePlus6T where the charging port stopped functioning. Took it to a phone repair place, they replaced the oddly corroded original, and the replacement works as a unidirectional USB-C. Took it back, they replaced the port again, same problem, so I guess my problem is on the motherboard, which isn't worth replacing on a 2 year old phone.

During the first time I brought it in, I used an old Nexus 6 as a backup phone, which barely does anything besides text and make phone calls at this point. I decided that it was a bit dated as a backup, so I bought a refurbished Pixel 3A 64GB for $130 from Woot. The phone repair guy said that was an excellent price since it costs more than that to replace the OLED display. The 3A worked nice and smoothly, no complaints about it. Back panel is scratched up, which I'm guessing is from being in a case that got grit in it and was never cleaned.

My wife got a Pixel 4 when Google had their sale last year before the launch of the Pixel 5, and the camera is amazing, but battery life is terrible. I'd recommend the Pixel 4XL if you don't want to use a battery charging case.

Apart from plug orientation confusion, my OP6T is working well enough, but I've set up a Honey browser plug-in notice to get notified when there's a price drop on the Pixel 5.

I'm quite impressed by the camera samples in a recent press release for the 1 III. Feeling better about this potential future purchase.

https://www.androidworld.it/2021/04/...uscita-745003/
    Get that weak shit off my track

May be in the market for a new phone soon. Have had a small splodge on part of my screen for a while now and it has recently developed another smaller one next door.

Currently phone is a Xperia X compact. I've had it a few years now, bought out right as I am a sim only user with Giffgaff. Any recommendations around the £300/$400 mark?

Main uses are listening to music (Bluetooth headphones), youtube, web browsing, the odd photo. Don't want anything too big.

The S10e is a good phone if you don't want something too big and don't want to buy used. The Xiaomi phones are also good value, but may be a bit larger than you'd like. Also not sure about repairs in the UK. Asus Zenfone 8?
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; June 19th, 2021 at 02:02 PM.

I've been really happy with me Pixel 4a. Cheap, simple, good camera, fast.

Administrator
    Michele's been the same, she was bummed to have to switch from her 3XL but has ended up really happy with the 4a.

The screen of my 3XL is in nearly perfect shape, but the back glass has broken in many, many different ways. This was fine until it started to develop some nasty, sharp edges, especially in spots where chips of glass fell out. I just got a case to try to hold out until the next gen comes, and as I put it on, it got its final dig in by dislodging a little glass dagger as I tried to tuck a corner in and jabbing my finger with it.

I may go for a phone without glass in the back for my next one.

Thanks for the suggestions, Pixel 4a is looking like the front runner at this stage.