Page 12 of 96 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

Google Play music player supports FLAC files. Time to rerip my collection?

upgraded to the Note 4 this week. Very little time with it, but it's been great so far. Not a lot different to my Note 2, except everything it does is better, faster, smoother. The software had kind of outgrown the 2's hardware, I think. Really impressed by the charging. It came with a ~66% battery. Plugged it in to charge to 100% while it was updating apps and being activated. It did an OTA without asking overnight, and finally reached 4% around 7p.m. tonight (so about 22 hours, which included lots of downloading of apps and the OTA update (big chuck of the battery there) over both WiFi and 4G, lots of BT streaming and GPS loc while driving, and moderate data via web and media apps). I just looked, and after about an hour on the charger, it's already fully charged. My note 2 was sturggling to do a full charge from more 25-30% overnight.

I don't see an option on it for lock screen shortcuts. I used those all the time on my note 2, being able to open right up to mail, or message, etc. Anyone know where those might be found now?

On my MotoG, you swipe right on the lock screen and a big [+] shows up*. Tap that and you can add things to the lock screen.

I added a clock! (such a power user)

*didn't work until I added a pattern lock, FWIW.
    Whoomah!

I can do it with just having a non-secure lockscreen.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, I just played around with mine some more and got it to work. Having the default "slide" as your unlock gesture confuses it a little bit, maybe? Maybe I just didn't hold my mouth right when I did it.
    Whoomah!

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.androidcentral.com/lamborghini-phone-will-cost-you-6000
    Lamborghini phone will cost you $6,000
    No it won't. (Because I won't buy one...)

Seems like the specs are similar to a Sony xperia...or am I just generalizing again?

I am very impressed by my acer liquid z4 (purchased unlocked at Staples). You can search for info on it yourself. Some day I might get over to 7-11 and purchase a SIM card for it. Right now it's just another aPod playing another disjoint game of Pocket Trains. JellyBean not KitKat (yay!). My KitKat Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't seem to want to play Pocket Trains. Which, while it would seem to be a minus, might overall be a not bad thing (for my personal life and productivity).

(Hmm. Actually APOD stands for Astronomy Picture Of the Day).

The screen is very vivid, and performance seems reasonable. Oh I left it at home today.

Drawbacks: Their softkey menu implementation requires a double-click, and, in general it's hard to work the three semi-soft keys.

A good deal for $100 or so. GPS seemed intermediate, and IIRC it does not have a magnetic compass sensor.

I will revise when I have it in my hand.

Oh yes. Battery life seems exceptional, although it does spend a lot of time in airplane mode.
    Last edited by SportWagon; January 16th, 2015 at 09:21 AM.

Note 4 Impressions:

The good:
    -The screen, oh the screen. It's gorgeous.
    -The feel/build quality is greatly improved over the Note 2. I love the metal edges. No case on mine right now. May keep it that way. It's a battle of size to protection.
    -The S-Pen works much better, and almost everything I write looks just like it would with pen and paper. And it's symmetrical! So it doesn't need to be right side up to stow anymore. (just side to side, not tip to butt, obviously)
    -Battery life has been great. Haven't gone below 50% since I first got it. This weekend will be a good test. Two days camping and streaming (slingbox) the Pats game. I'll probably just get a quick car charge.
    -Also the charger. The thing charges to quick.
    -Camera seems great, but I haven't done a lot with it yet.

The Noteworthy:
    -No serious upgrade in audio quality listening to music, but my headphones are pretty cheap.
    -Bluetooth seems a bit more reliable in my car, but still sketchy at time (I think that's more the head unit)
    -Touchwiz running much more smoothly, but it is still touchwiz, which some hate.

The Bad:
    -Had one complete freeze already, had to remove battery to reset
    -The Back/Menu buttons: First of all, they've moved them out (not sure compared to Note 3), so they're easily hit on accident by your palm when holding. Also more difficult to move your thumb from middle to back or menu b/c of the longer distance.
    -The Menu button: It's not a menu button anymore, it's a recent apps button. You can hold it for menu, but that means you lose the in-app search by press and hold the old one had. Hold on the home button now brings up Google search/now. I liked the old way better.
    -High memory usage, I need to find out ways to get rid of some Samsung/AT&T bloat.
    -I miss the quick shotcuts and alarm note on the lock screen. Also no lock screen widgets, which were just added in one of their last OTA to my Note 2.
    -Google now can be annoying (I never used it before), telling me the drive time for work at all times, except when I actually need to go to work, thinking I work somewhere else, etc.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 16th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.