Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

Administrator
    I do like that I can give it a custom wake up phrase other than "Ok, Google". Have to come up with something good.

Also like that I can put a custom greeting on boot, so "Ahoy, Fancypants!" seemed good.

Administrator
    Ordered it through the Moto Maker, took a couple of days to build, then shipped from Shenzhen, China. Hit Memphis and is now in a customs hold because apparently there's a discrepancy between the value of the shipment and the declared value. It looks like this happens a *lot* with Motorola shipments, I see a ton of other people saying the same thing. The fun part is that some people say it cleared up in a matter of hours (it's been about 5 hours for me so far), others say it took over a week. So....who knows when I'm getting it.

AT&T has rolled out the 5.1.1 update or the Note 4 (and some others). I think it's mostly stability, but my phone does seem to be running much better.

Administrator
    Got 6.0 on my Nexus 9. That doze mode is awesome. Lost something like 4% of my battery over the course of 24 hours or so. Otherwise, there's not a ton of neat new features with 6.0, at least not that I've noticed.

Moto X was delivered to my local FedEx store this morning, so I get to play with that tonight while watching the Chargers lose to the Steelers.

Ditto (6.0 to N9)--haven't played with it yet, though.
    Whoomah!

Still waiting for it to hit my 5. Also waiting for the Lumia 950 v 5X v 6P reviews.

Administrator
    Really liking the ability to turn specific permissions off for apps on 6.0.

Got the Moto X, only to find out it uses a nano SIM which I didn't have. Still could play on Wifi though. I like it a lot so far, it's definitely fast. Not so sure about the "low power mode" screen thing...it's kinda annoying to have it keep turning itself on and off when I have an email. I guess that's its exchange for not having any sort of notification light. It is kinda nice to be able to check what time it is/whether I have anything worth paying attention to just by waving my hand over it.

Used the Motorola Migrate app to move everything over from my old phone. It didn't move accounts and stuff like that, but it did move my text messages, call log, and some other sundry items which was pretty handy. Did it pretty fast with minimal pain, too.

Not having buyer's remorse yet, so that's a positive.

Is that the Moto X Pure? I am waiting for Republic to roll it out. I didn't realize it was a nano card... I don't have any of those. I was hoping to use my microsd card.

FYI, you can choose which items show up in the notifications. So, if you don't want to see emails come across you can de-select it from Active Display, Select Apps. (At least that's where it is on my original Moto X)

6.0 got pushed to my Nexus 5 today, a buddy with a Nexus 5 got it 2 days ago.

I have no idea what's different

Administrator
    Yeah...what I want is the notifications, but I don't want it to light the screen up on its own. I just want to see them when I wave my hand over it.

A little confused on the microsd/nano SIM thing. It still uses a micro SD for extra external storage, just the SIM card is smaller. Ran me $16 at T-Mobile for a new SIM, but they offered to cut down my existing SIM for me. I've had bad luck in the past with cut SIMs, so I opted to just buy a new one.

As for 6.0, the big things that I'm aware of are:

* Doze mode, saves battery when the phone is sitting still and the screen is off.
    * Ability to turn off individual permissions for apps
    * Google Now integration into just about everything (e.g., if someone texts you about a restaurant and you hold down the home button while looking at that text, Google Now will try to look at what's on the screen and pop up relevant information, like a link to that restaurant and reviews on Yelp or something).