Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

SIM and SD are unrelated, companies can combine them however they like.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    Yep, that's why I was confused about what 21Kid said.

My Acer Liquid Z4 has two MicroSim slots and a MicroSD slot. It looks like you could actually use all of them at once, too. I seem to recall some device where one (2nd SIM, SD) physically excluded the other somehow. Of course the trend is towards no SD slots since you can just store all the information you want securely in the cloud.

Had a look at the S6 and the Z5 just now. The S6's interface is still too bright and kid-like. The Z5's somehow feels a bit dated.

I think I'll toss-up between the Blackberry Priv, the 5X, the 6P, and the Lumia 950/950XL. Priorities are (1) Interface that doesn't drive me into a murderous rage (2) A responsive and high-quality camera (3) Useful gesture controls, or similar, as found on the Oneplus (i.e. draw V for flashlight, draw a right or left arrow to skip to next or previous track, and draw a circle to launch the camera).

You can't run apps from the cloud. I routinely have to delete them in order to get new ones. Stupid 16gb fixed memory. I am ready for a new phone with removable memory.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    My Acer Liquid Z4 has two MicroSim slots and a MicroSD slot. It looks like you could actually use all of them at once, too. I seem to recall some device where one (2nd SIM, SD) physically excluded the other somehow. Of course the trend is towards no SD slots since you can just store all the information you want securely in the cloud.
    There was a phone, I do not remember which, whose "normal" single SIM version did not have an SD slot, but in the dual-SIM versions the second slot could be used for an SD card.

*Googles* seems to be the Samsung Galaxy A8. They did not do the same with the dual SIM version of the Galaxy Note 5, though, so it may have been a one-off (or midrange only) choice.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Someone at Google makes a note that someone out there desperately wants to be able to run apps directly from the cloud.

Administrator
    A big plus for the Moto X Pure/Style - it was an admittedly light usage day, just checking emails and IMs, but it's at 87% battery after almost 11 hours off the charger and it doesn't even have Android 6.0 yet.

Administrator
    Then another three hours later, but with a bit heavier usage (mostly figuring out how the fuck to get out of the party window on XBox Live via web searches, communicating over Facebook with XBL people since my chat wasn't working, and IMing with the wife), and that knocked out another 10%. Still not bad, way better than my Nexus 5 was doing.