Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

The Note 7 recall is now official after Samsung comes to an agreement with the government. They now have to take them back for a full refund as well. Must be off and unplugged to be brought on a plane, but it's kinda scary thinking there are hundred's of thousands of them out there potentially on planes. A bit dramatic yeah, but still worrisome.

I was going to return mine tomorrow anyway, I get off early every other Friday. I'm still (barely) in my 30 day return window. Samsung sent me an e-mail about an hour ago saying a refund was now officially stated as an option (I mentioned earlier it wasn't) but also that if I'm will to wait a week with the phone off, I can swap it one for one for a new Note 7 next week.

Tangential to this I bought a 10" tablet from Sprint yesterday so I think I'm going to return to the Note 3 and just wait for the Note 8 (the Nate!) at this point. It didn't blow me away enough for me to rebuy it in a month or so.

no point in holding on to a broken phone. Worst case scenario, you return it and buy the new one, maybe you miss out on some kind of free gift for those that stick it out, but I kinda doubt that Samsung could afford that now. This must be a bit of a nightmare for pay plans by the way.

Samsung actually released the range of S/N's of affected phones. Basically if you fall into that range you're compelled to remedy the situation, if you're not in the range you can just keep your phone.
    You can punch in your S/N here and find out for sure: http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recal...9-emailversion

Still really pissed, still have the phone.

https://twitter.com/NathanGess/statu...75773966761985

Not only is it a safety recall because the phone is a fucking bomb, but it's within the Sprint 30 day return window.

They want you to pay $817 to exchange the phone?

Pretty that it's illegal to refuse now, innit?

Yeah. The balance of the 24-mo financing I used.
    Turns out the 30 day return window is for new lines of service. Loyal current customers that upgrade only get 14 days to figure out if their phones are explodey or not.

I'm not interested in an exchange, I went back to my Note 3 and bought a Slate 10 to fulfill my usage needs. I do not want a new Note 7, 'fixed' or not.

So under Sprints policies I have no remedy right now because I'm at greater than 14 days.

But...

CPSC recall 16-266 through Samsung USA published on September 15th entitles me to an Exchange OR Refund, as per http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/...7-Smartphones/

Spent an hour on the phone with Sprint today discussing this. I gave them the safety recall number and authority, they're going to look it over and call me back in two hours to discuss it.

I've been with Sprint since 2005. If I get stuck holding the bag with this dumb exploding phone I'm returning the Slate and porting elsewhere. The regulatory statute is very clear here and if they don't honor it I'm going to be very pissed.

I can't believe Sprint wouldn't know. It's like they're trying this because why not, and those that complain, they'll give in, those that don't they'll rack up as wins?