Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

I never used the stylus except to clean out my ear while laying in bed.

You should not insert objects into your ear...

I put a lot of things in my body I shouldn't.

Mostly food, perv.

Still gross...

As part of the upgrade to Marshmallow, the format of the names of Screenshot files seems to have changed from Screenshot_YYYY-MM-DD-hh-mm-ss.png to Screenshot_YYYYMMDD-hhmmss.png

ASS/U/ME

So how about the Galaxy S8? I'm loving it. I hate bezels, so this is about the best a phone can look for me.

I initially didn't like the idea of getting rid of the real buttons and putting them on the screen, but making the screen taller than 9:16, and the way they are using haptic feedback and their version of force touch seems to make it okay. Could be interesting how non-native apps use the space. And they kept 3.5mm jack and expandable storage

Not a lot of wow in terms of the hardware outside the screen, but that's okay. 4GB Ram, and a new processor should be able to keep up with anything else. Same camera as the 7, though new processing, but as someone who likes using an actual camera, I don't need my phone to take award winning pics.

They said they went conservative on the battery (3000/3500 mAh for the S8 and S8+), which is understandable, but with that big screen, well have to see how it holds up. I'm going to opt for the smaller one I think.

I think I'm going to wait for a price drop/gift card offer that shows up months after it comes out. That will allow any problem to show up and reviews to come in. Probably wait for an unlocked version too, they come out in may.

My wife is excited and pre-ordering one. But then it will be replacing an LG G6 which she's had for over two years I think.
    -Formerly Stabulator

So I stopped by Best Buy after work, just as they were setting up the S8 display. They had on S8 and one Plus out so far. Handled them both, mainly the S8 normal. Really like the way the buttons are integrated on the screen. I think they got that innovation right. Only saw one screen that used the entire space, where the buttons disappear. Pressing where the home button would be still operates the same way as if it was there. I think you need to press hard or something, not sure how that works exactly yet. Feel and space usage is really good. I think the space between the buttons and the notification bar is 16x9 (maybe including the notification bar, but I hope not because of the big curved bezel?), but feels kinda like you're being robbed of some width. I think that's actually more because of the rounded edge. If they made the edge "extra" space as soon as the glass started its curve, it'd be better, but I think the curve starts over the "normal" area. Also, I think the curve of the bezel in the corners is too wide, which adds to the feel of being robbed space, even if you're not actually.

Didn't get much usage of it. No internet connection for YouTube or anything. Felt really good in hand.

The plus didn't feel much bigger in hand nor to the eyes. I think it's a waste of money, when you consider it has identical specs otherwise. I think they kinda missed the mark here. There should probably be more difference, or a smaller price difference. I get they can't charge the same amount for them, but it just feels like the difference between a 45" and 50" TV screen or something.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; March 30th, 2017 at 03:57 PM.

Should have chimed in a few weeks ago. Finally got rid of my 3 year old Galaxy S4 and now have a very shiny and surprisingly heavy Galaxy S7 It's very swift and has some nice functions. It appears to be learning a lot about me because it's already picked up my work schedule (4 days, Sun-Wed, never start at the same time) and feeds me traffic updates when it knows I'm leaving the house. Creepy! Nice phone though.

Very nice! I'm still clinging to my Galaxy S4.