Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    A driver I know and respect well says it "doesn't suck" with a smile on his face. Statistically, I'll probably drive one one of these days but the number of C6/C7 Corvettes that show up to Evolution autocross schools seems disproportionately low compared to the number that are seen at regular autox events.
    That the guy with the grey/blue special edition? Wouldn't he love to have a factory GT driver show off what his vehicle can do at an autox?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Bixby voice (Siri/Google Assistant competitor) is finally out. I gave it a few tries last night. Better at doing "phone things". So like turning on and off features of the phone. Google seems to better at context though.

If I tell google "Navigate to [contact's name]" it does it perfectly. If I say that to bixby, it just put the name into the destination in maps, which google then can't find.

I have to tell bixby to "open [contact's name] in contacts, and navigate to their address" That's assuming it doesn't get the voice translation wrong to begin with. Google seems to be much better at taking a sound, writing it out phonetically, then analyzing to figure out what you meant. Example, when I say to bixby, "[contact name]'s address", first couple times, it wrote "[first name] 1000 dress", so I slowed down a bit and emphasized the possessive after the name, and it came back with "[contact name] c address". It has some learning to do I think.

I don't use voice commands very much at all anyway though. Navigation, and asking google questions is about it.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; July 21st, 2017 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Did you shoot the two pictures in auto or manual mode?
    Some kind of auto mode, I can't remember if either was in Pro Mode or not. The EXIF data doesn't tell me that kind of important information.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    That the guy with the grey/blue special edition? Wouldn't he love to have a factory GT driver show off what his vehicle can do at an autox?
    The owner of that car has a good friend and regular co-driver who can get 100% out of what the car has to offer. That's the driver I was referring to.

If he/they have a YouTube or other channel of videos, please share, then I can end this unneeded sidebar!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Samsung needs to fuck off with forcing Bixby on people

I don't see how it's forced on people any more than Siri or Google Assistant.

I'm hoping after 'forcing' it on people (really other than the button, it's invisible on my phone) for a while, they'll release the button for mapping, or at least disabling. I'd love to re-purpose it to media control (short 1, 2, or 3 pushes) and google assistant (long press like bixby voice is now).

I doubt it though.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; July 21st, 2017 at 10:35 AM.

Siri, last I checked, can be turned off. Not sure about Google Assistant. Also, neither involves a button, either.

Well, voice, listening, tracking and all that privacy stuff can be turned off, along with it being the left most home page. So in the end it's just a button (that will bring you to an empty useless app at that point). It should be able to be disabled, but it's really not a big deal.

And I've read that for some people, it requires a double press to bring up bixby. That must be an update rolling out or something, since mine is single. That would be nice.

I'd call it forcing if you couldn't ignore it and use another assistant like google instead.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; July 21st, 2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    If he/they have a YouTube or other channel of videos, please share, then I can end this unneeded sidebar!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/eunos2/videos

Lots of 'Murica content there in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Well, voice, listening, tracking and all that privacy stuff can be turned off, along with it being the left most home page. So in the end it's just a button (that will bring you to an empty useless app at that point). It should be able to be disabled, but it's really not a big deal.

And I've read that for some people, it requires a double press to bring up bixby. That must be an update rolling out or something, since mine is single. That would be nice.

I'd call it forcing if you couldn't ignore it and use another assistant like google instead.
    I guess to be fair, I'm coming from a point where I greatly dislike this trend of always on 'assistants'. I find it creepy and invasive in general. So might be best to ignore my views on them