Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: How do we not have an Android phone thread yet?

I forgot to mention that my OP3T also sometimes has the Bluetooth skipping problem with an older Monoprice BT headset I have. I don't remember it doing so with any BT earpieces, my Coulax BT headset, or my Sena helmet comms.

Since OnePlus can't be bothered to make any Dash Charge compatible cables in lengths greater than 1m, I decided to try a USB 3.0 male to female extension cable.

It works, so now I can lay in bed like a lazy fuck and not be bothered with unplugging my phone. At least when my toddler isn't around to helpfully unplug the phone, hand it to me, and say, "Phone!"

Does "dash" work with that? Thought it had to be a specific cable to allow the extra amps through or something?

Also, don't know if you're aware, but there's a 5ft cable: https://oneplus.net/dash-type-c-cable
    Last edited by Jason; September 4th, 2017 at 12:05 PM.

Well, hell, that's new.

Dash charge works with the extension. Dash charge output is 5V/4A, which is higher than USB-C at 5V/3A. The extension, however, is USB 3.0, which supports up to 20V/5A.

It's not the USB 3 spec that supports that, but rather the Power Delivery spec does, so I'm guessing that extension is PD compatible. Nice to know

https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...in-the-gallery

helped me get some new backup picture directories to show up in the Gallery. Prior to trying some of their advice, Gallery just did not seem to want to see them.

(Careful with the following link; my firefox prevented outdate flash from running (yay!) but it might consume a lot of your CPU and even cache resources, unfortunately).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iskusage&hl=en

which I had already, seemed sufficient as the app to scan the disk to kick something so the new directories were noticed. Sort of surprising.

Has anyone messed with Windows XP emulators for Android?

Administrator
    Ran into a weird, but apparently not entirely uncommon, bug with my wife's Pixel. She said it spontaneously rebooted, then the home and recent apps buttons no longer worked (they'd react like she hit them, but nothing would happen), and the notification shade could only be pulled down partway. Settings button and notifications no longer worked. This happened even after subsequent reboots.

It took installing Nova Launcher, then setting up a widget on the homescreen that launched the Android "SetupWizard", then completing the setup we'd already completed, to fix it.

Just posting here in case anyone else runs into it. It seems somewhat rare, but I saw a ton of people on a google forums thread within the past few days complaining about it, and on multiple models of phones (Moto X, Galaxy S7, Pixel XL) over multiple versions of Android (6, 7, and 8), with a weird enough solution that I figured it might be worth documenting.

Good to know. What a bizarre issue.

Yay, the Bixby button can now be disabled!