Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ten years...

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Ten years...

...ago today i married the love of my life, who i'd met about five years earlier when she turned up to a car club meet i was at. A year later we were together, and just over four years later we got married in Easter 2012.

We got wed in the local botanical gardens, then headed to the local University and got photos like the below taken around some of their cool old buildings.

There's been a few highs and lows since then, nothing to threaten our relationship thankfully, but there's not another person on the planet (past, present, future or make believe) i'd want to spend my life with 24/7.
    We barely ever argue (once or twice a year?), have never shouted at each other, and generally have a stress free relationship. Hopefully that will continue, and it's something you always need to work on.

We've travelled around the country together and i've been to a lot of places i may not have bothered with had i not met her.
    We also managed to just buy a house before the housing market went insane. No way we'd be able to afford one these days.

I've suffered depression and anxiety for the past 20 years or so, and wifey has been a huge help in getting me through some tough times. Like a number of depressed people, i often try to make people laugh by being weird and cracking bad jokes (tasteful, i don't do dirty/offensive jokes) and care about their well being more than my own.

But anyway. Probably the biggest thing to happen to us happened late January this year.

He's a cheeky wee boy, and i hope we can give him the upbringing he deserves.

Today we watched our wedding video for the first time, and it was well worth the wait. It was a great day back then, with lots of humour and faces i saw in the vid that i actually forgot had attended the wedding/reception.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling post. And hope i don't seem like i'm bragging/showing off. I'm just trying to express how this lady of mine has changed my life, and all the things i've done/achieved which likely wouldn't have happened had i not met her.

My true, original marriage is to these forums and GTP forums though - been with you freaks since 2000, and GTP since 2001.
    That alone is a scary thought, the only other place i've spent over 20 years in is my home city.

Anyway. I'm done writing. You can get back to whatever it was you were doing now.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; April 7th, 2022 at 06:39 PM.

Congrats mate! And what a cute kid. I miss the days when mine were that size.

That's a great decade!

Married men do tend to live longer than single men. Be grateful and keep on bragging about her if you wish to live longer.

Congratulations! Cool pictures, too.

At first I thought that might be a Calvin & Hobbes hat on the little guy, but it's probably Winnie The Pooh. Bonus points for the Metallica shirt. Somewhere I have a picture of my daughter around that age wearing an AC/DC onesie that someone gave us and some (unplugged) headphones.

If she doesn't throw me out before June, we'll celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this year.

Thanks for the update! Great to see you two are still goin strong. So you own all three Skylines from your wedding?

And this will make a lot more sense now.

https://homestarrunner.com/toons/str...-209-parenting

Congrats on the two milestones!!!!

Lovely to see positive life events.

I'm on Zoloft for depression (mine was triggered by all the stress from my crash 3 years ago and how it is unfolding badly for me.) You have two wonderful people to live for.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    So you own all three Skylines from your wedding?
    I missed that. Very cool. I'm read it as he took ownership of the Skyline club, not the cars.

Neat.

what a great post
    thanks for sharing (and congrats)