Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch me watch watches.

Now I know why my watch looks even better than before. It's due to the fact that you can see my VEINS, BRO

MR2 Fan, I like the Deep Blue. Personally I'd have a hard time justifying $500+ for a watch unless I was absolutely crazy about it (like a Certina Podium GMT!) and had the money to spare. I see $500-700 and I think how much that would buy in MR2 improvements. But that's just me, being in car restoration mode lately.

Leon, great looking watch! Looks heavy - is it?

Rando, cool list! I haven't worn my Fossil Decker much, I think mainly because it turns out I don't care for the rubber strap. I've heard it's particularly difficult to change straps on that watch.

Yeah, I'm dithering over the $50 Seiko 5 and the $80 Eco-Drive. Or maybe I should just get my Swiss Army Excursion worked on.
    Whoomah!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    MR2 Fan, I like the Deep Blue. Personally I'd have a hard time justifying $500+ for a watch unless I was absolutely crazy about it (like a Certina Podium GMT!) and had the money to spare. I see $500-700 and I think how much that would buy in MR2 improvements. But that's just me, being in car restoration mode lately.
    Yeah, but I'm doing both right now

The watch isn't something I'm buying right away....but just have those two on my short list of when I decide I want one. Actually I have a very nice fauxmega Skyfall Planet Ocean that's been hella reliable for me...owned it for about 6 months and its been near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Leon, great looking watch! Looks heavy - is it?
    I actually am not sure ... it's Nixon "The Ride", but I can't seem to find a weight on it.

Got me a new watch yesterday.

Officially counts as my most fancy watch, being a habitual g shock wearer.

I have the Basis, not much to look at but monitors tons of info about me, heart rate, sleep patterns, perspiration, body temperature, etc.

Nice one Matt.

Every time I look at the new G-Shocks (with world time, aero-specific features) I do want one. But then I try one on and decide that it's just not for me. If I want a sporty watch I have my Seiko, or even my Forerunner 610. I just can't justify buying more watches.

Now I'm really tempted by the Garmin Fenix 2. My first world problem is that my Forerunner 610 (rev2) and Edge 800 are working great!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I've been thinking about all of these smart watches. They're all square or rectangular and none of them have a classic look to them.

I've considered making a watch that has the classic round face, with bezels that can be swapped out, and the watch face, since its digital can be changed to emulate many different styles.

Obviously it wil have some smart features, but just basics. I just wonder if other people would be interested in that?
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; February 21st, 2014 at 09:02 AM.