Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Random Car Thoughts

The gaping maw look is awful,no matter who does it.

What's with German auto manufacturers actively trying to screw up normalcy? Idunno how many decades of classy kidney grilles now suddenly dropped in favor of Ohmygawditshideous. Change the grille and the 4-series concept is a beautiful car. BMW already diluted the ///M brand something fierce, which was bad enough.

And Porsche... how dare you use the word Turbo for your Taycan EV. Words mean things. A turbo is an actual thing, not a vague concept of something powerful. Damn alternative facts.

I'm really GetOffMyLawn about this but it's true and it pisses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    And Porsche... how dare you use the word Turbo for your Taycan EV. Words mean things. A turbo is an actual thing, not a vague concept of something powerful. Damn alternative facts.

I'm really GetOffMyLawn about this but it's true and it pisses me off!
    Seriously? They're using Turbo like Sport or GT or Z28 or Twister Special? That's seems almost insulting to their customers if so. They aren't selling Hondas or Chevies or Rascal scooters. Their customers are car enthusiasts!

Nice rant, by the way.

(I wonder who we'd have to ask for a smilie like that for this forum in blue, to match the others here)
    Last edited by George; September 12th, 2019 at 09:37 AM.

I was watching a YouTube channel's video preview of the Taycan and they reminded me that consumer electronics have been using "turbo" to describe their high powered/temporary boost mode for years, so it's a bit of full cycle silliness.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Lexus must be feeling great, they're no longer making the ugliest looking front ends (other than the LC500) in the luxury segment, thanks BMW!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Almost bought an SL55 AMG yesterday (almost, as in i started seriously thinking about whether i could afford it, and looked into how much repayments on loans would be). It's the only Mercedes i've ever been interested enough in to actually consider buying - even if i was a multimillionaire.

It would have eaten up most of my savings (wouldn't want to spend them all just incase), and i would have had to take out a $15-20k loan, to be paid back in 5 years. But i'm not sure how much longer my job will be safe for, so in five years time i could be either unemployed again or on a much lower wage. It was also silver in colour, not the brightish red i want it in.

Goddamn it man, hope next time an opportunity like that popped up i can actually get it.

In saying all this though, i started thinking about buying a Mack Ultraliner a month or so ago, but literally have no room for it and it required a bit of work for road legalness and appearance etc i'd say. I also don't have a truck licence.

I think the solution is to stay away from auction websites.

I text Tyler stuff I know he craves just to mess with his head. ZR-1s, Vipers, Italian stuff. Auctions are great.

It is true.

Nate, fuck you.

Junior Potato
    I dunno about you guys, but I think the Koenigsegg Gemera is the best car to be revealed at the "Geneva motor show" that didn't happen this week.

It is absolutely nuts.

Is it bad for me to think. This COVID lockdown is gonna lead to smashing good deals from dealers.