Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Excel Sorcerers!

You guys want to play with something for me?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Edit the green cells, leave the black ones alone (they don't have protected ranges set up yet in the new version of Spreadsheets, so I have to just use the honor system).
    Get that weak shit off my track

It's not perfect for situations where a large minimum down payment is required, I'll need to think on that.

Wish I could help with that here on a Friday at work but I can't get to your link. I'll give it a look from home tonight (maybe) or this weekend (more likely). Worst case - I'll download it from home and bring it to work on a flash drive and do it Monday.

It's a Google Drive file, are you using an old Internet Explorer? I don't know how it would take to being downloaded. It's nothing that complex, just kind of wanted a sanity check to make sure I'm not missing anything glaring.

I'm at work with Internet Explorer. I don't know the version but I have Windows 7 and MS Office 2010.

When I click on your link, I get:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
    What you can try:
    Diagnose Connection Problems
    more information:
    More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.
    •The website is temporarily unavailable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
    •The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
    •There might be a typing error in the address.
    •If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.
    I've seen this before when a site was blocked at work but I could get to it from home.

Edited to add: I just selected all the SSL and TLS protocols as suggested but no dice.
    Last edited by George; February 28th, 2014 at 07:41 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I have multiple choice answers in two rows where the first column is the question number plus the option letter, [7a,7b,7c, et cetera] and the second column assigns the value "1" only to the cell that was chosen for example if for question 7, someone chose e, the number "1" appears on the cell to the right of "7E".

Now, I need to condense it so that I only have cell "7" and the cell to its right should only read the letter that the value was assigned to "7"+"E".

Is that a "CountIF"?
    acket.

So you have

1a
    1b
    1c 1
    1d

And want

1 c

Correct?

I would make a second and third column (C & D) that checks if the second (B) has a 1. If it does, then D would be the rightmost character of the first column (A), and C would be the value of A with D removed (value so that it will sort correctly later, not as text).

Then you can just have a numbered list column wherever you want and do a vlookup for the corresponding answers.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I resorted to a matrix (of the choices by the number of answers), I first pulled the value on a new row (I did and "IF" for the corresponding column), and then substituted "False" for blank, and after that I concatenated. I want to know how to do it in one step.
    acket.

It's difficult (perhaps impossible without macros) to do in one row because you end up skipping a varying number of cells.