View Poll Results: You know the question.

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mercedes

3 75.00%
  • A Mercedes powered car other than Mercedes itself

0 0%
  • Someone else

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Yeah, I think they pulled out 20-25 second on Perez in that last 10 laps or so. And that's with them fighting with each other. It could have been 30.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Is it just me or did Nico look absolutely pissed on the podium when Lewis was talking? I know he didn't want to come in 2nd place, but man, maybe there was a radio transmission telling him to stay behind?

Also, IIRC on one of the Saubers, did anyone notice the rear tire seemed to be on backwards? I didn't see any pirelli branding on it, it was just black.
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; April 6th, 2014 at 07:48 PM.

I think it was Sutil's tyre and the markings had rubbed off due to contact with another car.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Anybody else think lobbying from both Ferrari and RBR will modify the max flow rate? There's no way it won't be 6 or 7 Mercedes-powered drivers in the top ten or a Merc 1-2 in the WCC without it.

And, good thing's Guti's big shunt is out of the way. If he doesn't come back a better driver he's better off elsewhere.
    acket.

Really exciting race, Nico and Lewis but also further down the field.

Ricciardo is the real deal, very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Is it just me or did Nico look absolutely pissed on the podium when Lewis was talking? I know he didn't want to come in 2nd place, but man, maybe there was a radio transmission telling him to stay behind?
    I interpreted it as he was pissed that he lost. I don't think there were any team orders; we'd have heard them. He dropped back from Lewis at the end because his softer tyres, although faster initially, degraded sooner so he lost grip. Great battle.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Anybody else think lobbying from both Ferrari and RBR will modify the max flow rate? There's no way it won't be 6 or 7 Mercedes-powered drivers in the top ten or a Merc 1-2 in the WCC without it.
    There's an outside chance that the Australia RBR appeal might lead to a change in how fuel flow is regulated. However I anticipate the FIA will be wanting as little change as possible, I don't see a big change mid-season.

Even if they did remove the flow rate restriction as unenforceable, I don't see that it would do anything to even up the field between the Merc, Ferrari and Renault engines. In the races they still have the 100kg overall limit (and I assume the cars have been built with 100kg size tanks, so could not fit any more in even if that limit was lifted mid-season). Relaxing the fuel flow restriction would lead to insane qualifying power; however with Merc having the best knowledge base and understanding of the new engines, they would be able to benefit more than the others, so would still be ahead.

2014 is Merc's year, any attempt to change that now would be blatant rigging of the championship. Only question is if the FIA should act to make 2015 fairer. I think the engine freeze should be broken at the end of the season, to allow the other two a chance to catch up over the winter.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    With words like that, you might as well photoshop your face in to absorb some of Luca's anger.

acket.

From another board, re: Maldonado's pass attemptsuccessful crash:
    Quote Originally Posted by I'll_drive_that
    Was there a line of people waiting to take him behind the woodshed after this race? Because, seriously, fuck this guy.
    Short and to the point.
    Whoomah!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Will Buxton on the NBC broadcast was mentioning the way that Gutierrez was basically punted because of the new sloping nose design, which wouldn't have happened with last year's liveries...I wonder if they'll be looking into that as an issue.