Thread: Car Audio Question

Car Audio Question

Noob here.

I have a Kenwood KDC-X589. Like so:

http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KDC-X5...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

This is the rear of a 993, but it looks the same, EXCEPT I don't believe I have that USB cable:

I currently have this hooked up, to play off an ipod:

Question is, does anyone know how I can input sound from my PHONE to this? It's a Galaxy S4. There's no USB inputs that I can see on the deck, or anything else other than that big fat round one the ipod adapter connects to.

Any options?

You can't plug in the Galaxy using USB, but you can output sound using analog audio (headphone jack). The X597 should have an aux in, or you can buy a Kenwood expansion port to audio in adapter. I actually might have one you can have, although postage might suck.

Mine's an X589 though?

Can you show me an example of the cable? I can't find fuck all on crutchfield or anywhere.

I was thinking of using an FM Transmitter for it...

Whoops, typo.

I don't think that adapter has been made in years, but this is what it is:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...NW-13-RCA.html

As long as your stereo has the old school 13-pin connector in the back (three rows of four plus one) it should work.

I cleaned out the drawer of stereo stuff last weekend and made a box of things that are going in the trash. That adapter is one of them, so it's yours if you want it. Also have a 12-disc Pioneer CD changer and the exact same type of adapter for Pioneer head unit. Heh.