Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500 View Post
    I haven't heard of Conqueror before, looks sweet,
    I can't find too much footage of it, but WoT looks very much like it's modern counterpart. Spent ages playing Conqueror. Perhaps I need to try WoT!

You can't argue with free.

Plus maybe the most significant argument for its quality: Cam hasn't deleted it yet!

The release version will be available sometime tomorrow (friday the 31st) for beta player, and will then be gradually rolled out for the rest of the world.

From their forums:

As you know, the World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition servers are down for maintenance in preparation for final release!

What happens next?

*The servers will come back up on Friday, January, 31, 2014 for beta participants only.
    *This will be EARLY ACCESS to the full release version of the game.

After this early access period, a few days later the servers will be made available to new players in one region.
    This allows us to ensure that everything is up and running smoothly!
    Once we are confident that everything is running smoothly, we will announce when the servers will be made available worldwide for everyone!

For all of the latest info:
    Like us on Facebook : www.facebook.com/WoTXbox
    Follow us on Twitter: @WoTXBox

PLEASE NOTE - this refers to MY Friday - Pacific time, which is GMT -8. When it turns to Friday your time, if it is still Thursday my time, it will not yet be available.
    hence

Just went online to check, and it is installing itself at the moment.

I installed an update, but the servers are still offline for me.

It should be working now.

Seems like the first couple of hours were a little chaotic, with not everything 100% ready.

I had forgotten how like a fish out of water I am in the lower tiers, luckily they are quickly passed by.

I remembered that the stock Hetzer was slow, but not that slow! It is painful!

Also, the game is already released in Canada, the rest of the world will follow on February 12.

The Hetzer gets better speed with upgrades.

It is such an ugly little piglet of doom.

I love it.

As I mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of the tanks without a 360 degree turret, not including artillery, of course. The Hetzer turns around quick enough, but the narrow field of fire bugs me.

Oh, I know, I just like something with a bit of punch.

I know you like to jump right in, but I kind of like the TD play style - hang back and keep the options open, able to watch several flanks at a time and apply doom as needed.
    It's a bit like artillery in that regard. With shorter loading times but less overview.

I think the most fun I had in the beta was with the Jagdpanther II and its top gun. That's a long grind away now though. Luckily the tanks on the way there are not horrible.

Speaking of artillery, I had forgotten the shorter range of the lower tiers, where you have to follow the battle around to be able to make an impact. It'll be nice to advance.

Play styles seem to have changed with the influx of new people. Whereas before the matches were almost predictable strategy-wise, people tend to rush off in all directions now. Or not.

On a match on Sand River, I was off piloting the dunes in the T25 Medium. I bring up the map, and notice that at least 6 of our guys still sit at the base, half of them heavies.
    A guy in a Chaffee is livid about the situation: "I'M NOT MOVING IN UNTIL YOU HEAVIES GROW SOME BALLS AND ADVANCE LIKE YOU'RE FUCKING SUPPOSED TO!"
    A timid voice: "Where are you?"
    "I'M ON THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN, SCOUTING LIKE I'M FUCKING SUPPOSED TO!"

The red team must have been out of his view range, since none were lit up. I move up the map and my blood grows cold as a T29 pops into view (Snakes! Why did it have to be snakes?).
    I know I have no chance facing him head on, and I consider just running away like a coward. The T25 is fast, but he'd probably shoot me in the ass.
    There's another medium with me, and I'm thinking we might pester and outmaneuver him together, so I make a run for the rock the T29 emerged behind.
    On my way there I light up the entire enemy team. I take a few hits, enough to make me turn slowly, and as I finally face the other way the T29 is destroyed.
    I start to move up on the red base, and Chaffee guy must have come down from the mountain - "THAT'S RIGHT! EAT MY DICK! EAT MY CHAFFEE DICK! TOP GUN BABY YEAH!"

Victory.

It was pretty hilarious, but I guess one needed to be there.

Nah, you describe it nicely.
    Whoomah!