Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Tanks

yea it happened when it jump from beta to final on pc too

Unfortunately, yes.
    But at least you have a fair idea about wich direction to first take in the game.
    I'd like to make my way up to the T1 Heavy and the Wolverine, where I feel I have had the most fun, but since I start the game with the bonus T14 and the Ram anyway, I think I'll let the American line wait, and instead start on the German tech tree.
    Both the tier 6 VK tanks are fun to play, proven by the fact that I've held on to them, and they branch into pretty good medium and heavy lines, all the way to the top.

For artillery, I think I'll go with German, same with Tank Destroyers. The Jagdpanther II doesn't have the impenetrable shell of the Doom Turtle, in fact it is quite vulnerable, but is instead very nimble for a Tier 8 tank. The top gun is very precise and powerful too.

I don't know if I'll bother with the British line at all. Their tanks are very slow up to tier 7 or 8, and I didn't find that they compensated for that in other areas.
    The British Tank Destroyers became very fun at Tier 5, but are also painfully slow. In the end I just couldn't be bothered.

Oh, and I had a pretty good game with the Patton on Malinovka earlier. 86 727 silver, but this was with the 3x first win bonus of the weekend, plus some medal bonus I think (Confederate, maybe).

86 Grand! Sweet take!

I seem to remember enjoying the M5 Stewart and Wolverine a lot. I like the US artillery line. I guess I like the slow pace, strategy and low stress of artillery. I earned ~105,000 XP toward the tier IX US artillery, which is the biggest reason I'm disappointed our progress will be reset. I will probably do the same thing and go with the US lines for the most part and occasionally play low tier German tanks when teaming up with buddies that don't play as much as I do. I also feel the British tanks are not worth pursuing. In fact, I'm really a fan of any tank without a 360 degree rotating turret, not including arties. I worked on both the T25AT and the AT2 for a while, but sold them out of frustration. I felt like I could not use them effectively.

It will be fun to play lower tiers again though.

Heh, I don't know about that. It will be a whole lot of darting around and probably somewhat chaotic.
    I played a couple of tier 5 matches, and it was like playing chicken. Headless chicken.

The high tier matches, on the other hand, can be a little on the glacial side, with everyone conserving their expensive ammo and fearing for repairs.

I'm not sure what to do the remaining days of the beta. I'll probably use my gold to convert experience, then sell off tanks for silver.
    I should get the tier 10 Patton, just to have been there and sampled that.

I'm on tier 8 with German heavy, medium and artillery, so I'll see where I end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    In other news, I got the Patton the other day.
    I meant to say Pershing (tier VIII) here. I'm having the lousiest luck in this tank. It's not upgraded and it always puts me in tier IX and X games. I can't do anything against anyone.

Heh, yeah, I don't look forward to that aspect of the open game.
    On several occasions I've "cheated", and converted gold to experience to jump ahead in the queue with the packages.

Like I've done now - I've played the Jagdpanther II quite a lot, so the Jagdtiger was actually within range for research. So I researched it, then converted all my gold to be able to jump right to the final package.
    I had to sell the Jumbo Sherman and the T29 to be able to afford it all, but the world is ending in a copule of days anyway.

I considered the tier 10 Patton, but I would need xp to upgrade it as well, and just wouldn't have enough for that. I didn't want to spend the last days of the beta being bottom of the tier.

Is this game a modern version of Conqueror which I have fond memories of playing as a child?

Wanna Fight?
    You had an Archimedes? Wow, how many hours did you spend on Childline every week?

I haven't heard of Conqueror before, looks sweet, but I've always thought of WoT as a distant descendant of BattleZone.

How awesome would it be to play World of Tanks in a cabinet like that?

(very!)

i've played battlezone in an arcade like that.

Cedar Point has/had an amazing arcade with games that went all the way back to even before they were video games. light/sound plus props type stuff.