Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Editing software

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    and it's made by Sony so you know it is AWESOME VALUE.
    Actually it was made by Sonic Foundry here in Madison, WI -- Sony just bought the tech well after it was built.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I seem to remember Stacy being involved in the development of both Vegas and Soundforge.

#oldskoolhomies
    acket.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Video editors

Given up on Windows Movie Maker, as it doesn't seem to save edited (cropped/trimmed) videos back into HD, or to the quality it was before. Kinda annoying, so a backlog of vids is building up on my compy.

Looking at Sony Movie Studio 13 (?) but haven't looked into it a mega amount yet.

I'd like one that can;
    - combine two or more video clips into one (i.e. combining footage from a drag race event into one long video instead of twenty 15 second clips)
    - edit FHD videos and save them with the exact same quality
    - edit non HD/standard definition videos
    - allow me to add music/mute sections etc
    -
    - add text and other effects
    - save vids into the same format they are in, or at least one that Media Player etc can access and play

Budget of +/- $150 NZD, had enough of free crap.

Check out some of my latest footage (truck convoy in particular) to see what you think of the quality (aforementioned truck footage is MUCH better quality unedited, but it's about 5-6 or more separate clips).
    www.youtube.com/skylineobsession

HALP?
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; August 26th, 2015 at 03:17 AM.

For the last 2 or 3 years I've been using YouTube to edit my videos. After the initial wait of uploading, it frees up my computer from doing the processing, and lets me use YouTube's video stabilization without screwing up whatever titles I've added. And when it's done, you can download an MP4 of your completed video.

It's far from perfect and not incredibly powerful, but it's free, doesn't bog down your computer for hours, and has a library of music you can use when posting online without issue.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I started using CyberLink's Power Director. Was actually quite impressed. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't edit clips then put them in the timeline. It's like a linear-non-linear editor kinda. You have to put the file in the timeline then trim it. Would be a pain in the ass when you have to work with long clips that only have a short amount of used content. Not expensive either, I think like less than $100 for the top version. and under $200 for the suite with other programs.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    I've been using the video editor built into Blender. It's free. I found it non-intuitive but I found some good tutorials for using the video editor on Youtube.

ZOMG, I didn't even know Blender existed! I'm SO downloading it RIGHT NOW.

Edit: ZOMG, that's going to be a steep learning curve.
    Last edited by Cam; August 27th, 2015 at 07:15 PM.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Definitely want to do a Youtube tutorial. Blender's primary mission is to be a 3D animation app. The video is just part of it and like I said, a lot of it is non-intuitive (at least it was for me).

This is the one I did:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vnAVQ3x18sNev4

Oh, I'm totally interested in the animation side too. I am an animator, after all.