Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Formula 1 Verizon GP at Milwaukee Mile

After the last race, this doesn't surprise me at all. For the talent of the drivers that they have, the performance is hugely underwhelming.

Noooooo, reaaaallly? Never would have seen that coming....

So the new replacement is some sales guys from North America..., anyone here familiar with Marco Mattiacci? Supposedly this guy knows Ferrari inside and out and will be able to take advantage of all of Ferrari's resources and also be able to play the politics to get things done inside the company, but his lack of experience in F-1 should be a concern, no? Unless he's also a super quick learner?

Anyway, at least it'll be interesting to see Kimi racing with Alonso this year. So far, Alonso clearly has the upper hand. When Kimi get's more comfortable with his car, let's see if he can really challenge Alonso later on...

Kimi has also been hit twice in the first lap.

From Autosport.com

"Ferrari's bosses are convinced that the relatively unknown Marco Mattiacci is just who its Formula 1 team needs to lead it to the front of the grid. Mattiacci has already been involved in lengthy meetings in Maranello this week, and he starts work immediately on the pit wall at this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix. While big name figures from inside the sport would have grabbed headlines as the replacement for Stefano Domenicali, Ferrari instead felt it was more important to have someone who understood the Ferrari organisation rather than simply having a knowledge of F1.

It has been suggested that while learning how the sport works is a big task, it is not as complicated as getting on top of the machinations inside Maranello. In Mattiacci, Ferrari has someone who excels in the latter - for he has become a golden boy through his achievements in expanding Ferrari's road car business in the Far East and the United States. Having originally moved to Ferrari from Jaguar in 1999, Mattiacci worked in the Middle East before heading the product launch for Maserati in the United States.

A promotion to become President and CEO of the Ferrari Asia Pacific Region in June 2006, was following by a switch to a similar role in North America. His drive and management skills helped Ferrari increase its sales by 20 per cent in the United States, with it become the Prancing Horse's biggest market. Those efforts were rewarded with the 2012 Automotive Executive of the Year Award. Mattiacci's work there brought him in to contact with Ferrari's worldwide motorsport programme, especially in sportscars, and also marked him out by di Montezemolo as one of the Italian company's brightest young managers. Di Montezemolo believes his skill set will be well placed to help the Ferrari F1 team move forward and recover from its disappointing start to the 2014 campaign.

And beyond just improving how Ferrari works, it is hoped that Mattiacci will be able to help the F1 team maximise the commercial and structural resources of its road car division - just as Mercedes has done - to help push its team on to success. Crucially, Mattiacci arrives highly trusted by senior management, which will make life easier for him to make changes that he feels are necessary. He also comes with no F1 baggage, which means he can approach matters with a fresh perspective to help the team become more reactive to the sport's current needs."

Unless he pulls a Flab, he's going to suck or not doing that much better than Domenicali, IMHO.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    F1 is a room full of assholes. Who've known each other for a long time. It's gonna be tough for Mattiaci. As Horner inherits the commercial rights' owner chair. Once Bernie dies.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Kimi has also been hit twice in the first lap.
    Anyway, feeling sorry for Kimi for sure..., but at least he IS still better off driving for Lotus while not getting paid.

WTF
    acket.

Let me clarify... He is better off driving "Ferrari" rather than "Lotus", right?

Has anybody driven a Lotus F1 car in 2014?
    acket.