Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Formula 1 Verizon GP at Milwaukee Mile

Which team is Grojean and Maldo driving for this year?

Which team was Kimi driving for last year?

WTF?

Apparently the scuttlebutt in Italian media is that Haas F1 would be a bit of a Junior team for Ferrari a la Torro Rosso/Red Bull. This according to Will Buxton's reporting of Italian media reports. Hearsay be damned.

I don't know if there's any evidence outside of Haas Automation's sponsorship showing up on the Ferraris? And The rumors were already strong that Ferrari was the engine they were looking at, right?

Could be both good and bad. Anyone that thinks American owned team=American drivers getting good chances at seats, I would think this would ruin that, as it would ultimately be Ferrari's decision who is driving. That said, I don't think the original assumption would be that true anyway, only slightly. Obviously the wealth of knowledge they could possibly gain from Ferrari would put them ahead of where they might be otherwise at race 1 in 2016. Did they ever say where they were going to base the team. Obviously the UK make the most sense since that's where everyone else is, and now Italy seems a possibility if this is true. Did they ever say they wanted to be based in the US? If so, this might actually help that. With the US being so important to Ferrari (and their former US guy now heading the team), they may see this as a way to further their brand in the US as more than just a status symbol.

Eh, just a bit of stream of consciousness from me there. Thoughts?

I thought Haas was making the same noises that Windsor, et al, made about locating in the Charleston area.
    Whoomah!

rumors keep popping up of Danica racing for the Haas F1 team...

Of course. And they're based on nothing, I'm sure.

I wouldn't mind Danica being given a decent test opportunity but I can't see it happening. And there are perhaps more suitable ladies.

She's good no doubt, but I don't think she would fare well with the f1 mindset. If she tried walking into Lewis' or Button's pit stall to discuss race antics, she would be in hot water pretty fast

Di Silvestro is already testing with a team in F1 isn't she?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that Alexander Rossi, who tested in Canada, is the more likely choice.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; July 5th, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Angelo, remember when you said I was on meth because I said that there was going to be a Mexican GP?

Mwa.ha.ha.
    acket.