Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Godson - 2001 Ducati Monster 900 Dark I.E.

I'm glad I didn't TLDR this
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    As I went to pay the attendant and garb a snack to toss in the tank bag, she told me I needed to pay the center island. Confused I walked outside, and there in the middle of 2 pumps was a station you put money into. Baffled at why you would pay there instead of the attendant or AT THE PUMP like any normal place does it, I placed my money into the machine and went about my fight to fuel the bike with that damned pump.
    Must have been an ARCO. I stopped using them after they moved to that system and simultaneously started charging $0.50 to use your ATM card.
    Whoomah!

... except at SMF, where they take credit cards. So weird.

It was an ARCO station. Fucking stupid idea.

I don't go to Arco because their gas is largely shite. The fact they broadly only take ATM cards and cash is icing on their poo cake - I never use my ATM card anywhere except the issuing bank. Last thing I need is my actual bank account info getting skimmed. Saving $2 a tank or whatever isn't worth detonation in my engine or bank account.

So........ you're still in Arizona?

Waiting for the rest mang!!!!!!!

Great story, Ty -- you should really try to find the emotional reserve to keep this bike, seriously. Sell the Termi's header pipe and use that money to buy the low Termi pipe for the cans.

No, it doesn't look as cool but hey, you wanted to haul girls around, something's gotta give!

Also, post some damn pics, son!!

Most of that stuff was written almost a year ago. I have a paper due on monday, perhaps I'll finish writing the next week sometime.

I am keeping the Highmount Termis, stock rearsets will work with them, I just don't want to ditch the cyclecat rearsets. I have thought about how to use the S2r rear passenger pegs and some welding to keep highmounts, and offer the ability to haul people. More on that later.

This photo was taken after I sprayed the cam belt covers flat black, and before I recleared the carbon. Need to do that with the shock reservoir, rear swingarm, headlight trim ring, headlight bracket, and triples also.

IMG_20130717_175033_850.jpg
    Last edited by Godson; April 25th, 2014 at 02:23 PM.

I haven't forgotten about the ending of the story. I promise I'll get it done soon.

In other news, my slipper clutch just arrived, need to take some measurements to see if I need a spacer or not. More on this later.

Somehow managed to get some air trapped in the Brake MC. I had next to no front brakes during my commute home after work during rush hour. Not exactly something I want to re-live. Got the system completely bled out and fresh fluid in. Much better feel now.