Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Godson - 2001 Ducati Monster 900 Dark I.E.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    ... except at SMF, where they take credit cards. So weird.
    I got really confused by ARCO because for ages the only one I went to was at SMF. So I got pretty indignant when the next ARCO I went to that wasn't at SMF had an attendant that insisted none of them took credit cards.

Anyway, I think that the SMF one is required to take credit cards by the airport authority (which I think owns the land the station is on). Could you imagine being the gas station all the business travelers went through and have them NOT take credit cards? The place wouldn't be open 24 hours before a riot would burn the fucker down!

Yeah, I think that's right. Plus, being at an airport it would probably be nonsensical to not take credit cards. How many international travelers have debit cards?

This is really inspiring for me, I acquired the exact same bike about a year ago. Unfortunately the previous owner did not take nearly as good care of it as your guy so it's been a bit of a labor of love getting it back in working condition, but I'm nearly there (I hope).

That's very cool. Bike is currently 29k miles on the odometer. Start your own thread up and post some photos up!

Last week I met up with a few buddies for dinner and to hang out at a cool little shop where I am trying to buy a house.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Going to be taking the bike in for its 30k mile service.

Great looker, would be a damn shame to get rid of her, girls be damned.

Nkt getting rid of her, just planning on adding to the stable.

Just clicked 30k miles today

I just had the most recent 7500 mile service interval completed on the bike. Got the Clutches and clutch basket replaced, along with all the other stuff. Bike checked out on compression, oil pressure, and valve clearances like it was brand new.

Bike runs sooooo smooth and tractable. But I need more power . I can definitely feel it now the clutches are slipping. I was looking up the 749 and 999. I don't know how long the 749 would keep me happy when the purchase price would be 5-7 for a nice one, and the 999 at 7-9 for a nice one. I could grab a 1098 for the same price as a 999 with lower miles, and have a little newer on the engineering side. Cheaper parts also do to the wide range of models on that frame.

Time will tell on that front.

I also put 160 miles on some nice and twisty corners today in Northwestern Missouri. Here is a (long) link to the route we rode.

Lexington Missouri.jpg

SPIN Pizza.jpg
    Last edited by Godson; August 31st, 2014 at 06:48 PM.

Whatever you get, just make sure it's a Tricolore.
    Get that weak shit off my track