Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Godson - 2001 Ducati Monster 900 Dark I.E.

Nah, too much money. I am not looking for a collector. Just something damned nice.

I have my forever bike, one that speaks to my soul. I want something that people drool over and aspire to own, something that forces people to dream, something that makes people strive for more. The 899 is totally that bike, but at the price point of entry I'd rather get something cheaper, like a 1098

and this

But something isn't right if you read the comments. The swingarm is the older style swingarm. The plastics are current for the 05-06 style. Lots of goodies tells me it has been down.
    Last edited by Godson; August 31st, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I just had the most recent 7500 mile service interval completed on the bike. Got the Clutches and clutch basket replaced, along with all the other stuff. Bike checked out on compression, oil pressure, and valve clearances like it was brand new.

Bike runs sooooo smooth and tractable. But I need more power . I can definitely feel it now the clutches are slipping.
    Eh? The clutches are slipping after being replaced? Or do you mean that they aren't slipping and now you feel all the power the bike has?

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I was looking up the 749 and 999. I don't know how long the 749 would keep me happy when the purchase price would be 5-7 for a nice one, and the 999 at 7-9 for a nice one. I could grab a 1098 for the same price as a 999 with lower miles, and have a little newer on the engineering side. Cheaper parts also do to the wide range of models on that frame.
    Invest in a good one- or two-piece leather riding suit, gauntlets, boots, and a spine protector first. Get the gear to rail on the cycle you have first, then get the cycle you're dreaming of.

I thought I replied to this.. lol.

The clutches are no longer slipping. Bike will lift front tire if I romp on it hard in first, fast shifts into 2nd sometimes lifts the tire also.

I think I am going to get a heroic racing one or 2 piece custom tailored suit with their gloves.

I already have some very good gear with the Dianese SPR textile and spine protector, along with Sidi cobra air boot just like you linked, and Knox recon gauntlets (which were a waste of money even on sale), and a bell star carbon.

I also just did the 20th annual bikers for babies KC ride. Loved it even though the roads were 95% straight for 90 miles. We raised over $800,000, and had just shy of 6k bikes. I'll do it again next year.
    Last edited by Godson; September 21st, 2014 at 04:52 PM.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...two-piece-suit

I'm supposed to be buying a house. Not looking at $1k race suits...

You are correct sir.

That's a good price, Tyler, pull the trigger.

I know.

I can't do it. With a house purchase around the corner, and gloves that needed to be replaced badly (Knox Recon), where the finger pad on my left hand index has worn completely through in less than a year, I am going to be replacing my gloves instead. I can use the money saved to pay down debt, which is what I will really need more than track suit.

So I am going to be buying these instead. As they happen to be in my size.

If you buy it, you have to post pictures posing like that guy.