Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Godson - 2001 Ducati Monster 900 Dark I.E.

Looks like Robocop's long johns.

First off, this happened last week or so...

IMG_20150513_174324_879.jpg

In other news. Steering damper.

IMG_20150519_172602_108.jpg IMG_20150519_172614_547.jpg IMG_20150521_172342_392.jpg

I have only gone up to the setting of like 3 or 4. I am so happy I purchased this. I really can't say it enough. Huge difference, bike is so much more stable in corners, tracks the line you want it to much easier, bumps aren't as nerve racking, bike overall feels way more agile. I'm in love all over again.

I still need to finish my story, and trek, that i started some 2 + years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, I'm just shy of...1000 on my 696

Very impressive mileage.

Last year I had some clutch retaining bolts fail. This in turntrashed my clutch, that only had 5k miles on it, and did some damage to my pressure plate.

This cost me $1200 to fix, and the bike was in the shop for close to a month.

I picked up a Dainese 1 piece Laguna Seca track suit for 780 shipped from the D-Store. When I found out they now offer tall sizes, AND on sale for 400$ off, I couldn't pass it up.

I had an electrical connector for the headlight fail friday night. 20 minutes at an auto parts store and I had a replacement connector installed and I was back on the road.

So what do I do today? I ordered my TiN coated adjustable showas and the needed spacers for the lower triple clamp.

I'm also going to be picking up the needed parts to raise the read of the bike up today to help with the rear bias weight distribution of the monster.

Track days will be booked soon.

I raised the rear ride height by about 27mm. This was done to get rid of the rear weight bias the monsters are known for. Pretty easy job considering the monster uses a role hoop for the suspension. Some all-thread and hex block and I raised the height.

Bike seems to feel like a 'bigger' bike now that the suspension is higher. Hope to have the front forks in later this week.

Need to call the machine shop and find out how much the triple machining will cost me.

Good move.

I was quoted 30$ or so to have the triple machined out. Much better pricing than a new triple. I'm going to try and drop that off today.

Triple was dropped off on Thursday at closing time, told them if they could knock it out by the following Thursday I'd be grateful. Front forks 1st delivery attempt was made yesterday while I was at work. I called ups and told them to hold it. I am going to swing by and pick them up after work on Tuesday. I am going to try and swap them in on Thursday after getting the top triple then. Won't be easy without a proper lift setup. I am going to need to be rather clever on how I am going to do this.

All parts showed up except the smallest and simplest piece.

My lower triple shims for the front forks are the only thing that didn't arrive. They were on back order to the manufacturer until yesterday. Once I get them, the new forks will be put on and ready to go. Which makes this 70f weather even more painful.