Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials Fusion

I'll be getting this tonight for 360 for sure. I see it has a season pass......

George- Don't worry about catching Cam for awhile. I've played this game a lot and still not in his league. There are still some Extreme levels I can't finish. I've even hit the maximum fault/time limit on a few of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I should correct my previous post and say online multiplayer is not available at this time. Local multiplayer is available.
    This is a good thing as I can't really grip a 360 controller tightly at the moment so I can wait a bit to get this. Let me know when it gets updated though.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Annoyingly, Steam doesn't have the game until a week after everyone else gets it. However, I have been playing the Beta for a few weeks now.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Just when I think the obstacles can't get more vile, along comes Inferno IV. I completed it, but it took over 27 minutes with 189 faults.
    Last edited by Cam; April 18th, 2014 at 08:56 AM.

Yesterday I downloaded two DLCs for Trials HD - the Big Pack or something, and another. Pretty cool. Several new tracks, and some of them Easy and Medium so even I can enjoy them.

And, surprise surprise, I found Origins Of Pain for Trials Evolution in my download history. Apparently I paid for it and never downloaded it back when I was trying to figure out this whole mess. Maybe now some of the user-made tracks will work for me. I've only found one (1) so far that will work, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong...I can't read most of the tiny text on the screen that describes the tracks, so I'm probably missing the instructions of how to use them. I also assume the makers of this game caused user-tracks to require DLCs to make mo' money - I would!

Sure wish I had more bikes, though. I seem to be stuck with a couple 250s in both Trials games - one with a nasty hair-trigger throttle; a raspy 450 that doesn't seem to be anything special; and the Banshee 350 that I can use on tracks from the Riders Of Doom DLC. My favorite in both games is the weaker 250, and I have it pimped out in Evolution with crazy mismatching colors on every panel and mismatched wheels, too. Classy. There's also a 600 in my Trials HD garage but I have yet to find a track that will allow that bike. I can see it but can't use it.

I also passed the acheivement in Trials HD of finishing Container Rush without letting go of the throttle yesterday. I thought that might unlock a new bike, but no.

I guess I want to try different bikes because I've peaked in my ability with the current bikes and am in a Catch 22 of needing a faster accelerating bike to get over some obstacles but I can't have it until I prove I don't need it. I want whatever Cam is riding that makes his ghost vanish in milli-seconds from the starting line with acceleration that none of my bikes can match. I can also tell that Cam has some kind of super hot rod from his distances in games like Javelin and similar where you bail out for distance. I can't even get close. Not trying to obsess about what Cam has but he's my only Xbox friend so his scores are all I see. I also keep seeing 4-wheel ATVs in demos and trailers - where are those?

Oh well, I'll figure it out eventually, and I shall endeavor to persevere.

Not complaining here - I love these games. I will certainly buy Trials Fusion when the price comes down, if not sooner.
    Last edited by George; April 28th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.

Cool

There are eight bikes in Trials HD: Turtle, Reptile, Scorpion, Phoenix Evo, Micro Donkey, Hauler, Phoenix REV and Scopion AIR. The last three are only used in the skill games. To unlock the Donkey, you must successfully complete the National Bike Cup tournament with a Gold medal. The Scorpion and Phoenix Evo are the best bikes to use to set the fastest times. Although, my brother is fierce with the Donkey. Use the Scorpion on the easier tracks and the Phoenix on the harder tracks. The Scorpion has a faster top speed, but the Phoenix has better everything else. There are techniques to riding that are not obvious when you first play. For example, if you do a wheelie, then shift your rider's weight forward, you'll do a bunny hop. This technique is very useful for getting over gaps and obstacles you might not think you can get over. Also, if you're going down a long, steep hill, sometimes you can gain more speed by coasting rather than holding down the gas.

You can view replays of the top 5000 riders on any track in Trials HD, and the top 10000 in Trials Evolution. Just highlight a track, then press Y to look at the leaderboards. Use LB and RB to change the filter to view overall or just your friends. Highlight a top time and press Y to view their replay. Very helpful in learning the fastest way through a track.

There are seven bikes in Trials Evolution, some of which are DLC: Rattler, Piranha, Scorpion, Phoenix Evo, Micro Donkey, Gecko and Banshee. Same deal as Trials HD, the Scorpion and Phoenix are the best bikes to use. You unlock the Donkey in Trials Evolution by having the Unyielding achievement in Trials HD: Complete Groundhog Returns faultlessly without changing the rider's posture.

There is no four-wheeler in Trials HD or Trials Evolution. Good luck improving your times!

Wow, that's quite the complete guide to Trials there Cam. Thanks.

That's all the bikes? I thought there would be many more and I was certain I've seen 4-wheelers on YouTube. I figured they came with DLCs. No matter if not - a two-wheeler would certainly handle better and accelerate faster.

Rattler, Piranha, Scorpion, Phoenix Evo, Micro Donkey, Gecko and Banshee.
    I have all those except the Micro Donkey. Dang. I thought I had many more to unlock. The Gecko is dumb IMO - wish they'd given us something cooler, like a BMW Paris To Dakar bike or maybe a '70s AMF Harley Davidson Evel Knievel bike.

I'll have to find a track with a relatively flat and calm starting point and figure out how Cam's ghost goes *POOF* off the side of the screen while my rider is just puttering along by comparison. I mean, pressing a button to simulate twisting a throttle should be something I can do as well as anyone, and therefore my starts ought to be pretty much the same speed until the first obstacle when Cam's superior skills let him leave me behind. That I understand. The much-faster-off-the-line thing however, I do not. That's why I figured there must be faster, well, quicker bikes available, like the 600 in Trials HD that teases me with its upturned exhaust pipes.

Oh, and I got a strike at midnight bowling last night. Was disappointed it didn't unlock another bike after 289 attempts. Of course, once I figured out how to do it, I can pretty much do it on command now.

I imagine the Hard and Xtreme and whatever other kind of tortuous tracks that I haven't even unlocked yet are the same way - practice makes perfect.

There is a four-wheeler in Trials Fusion.

The Micro Donkey is a 50cc kids bike, but it's surprisingly quick. It looks remarkably like an old Honda Z50.

1980z50find2.jpg

I remember thinking the extreme tracks were IMPOSSIBLE when I first tried them. I got better.
    Last edited by Cam; April 29th, 2014 at 05:19 PM.

George, you can add Reynard11 to your friends list if you would like to have a ghost that's not quite as fast to chase around. I won't even bother with any Extreme tracks, they're beyond my "still having fun" ability. I'm reasonably fast on the Supercross tracks though.

Thanks Reynard. I'll do that the next time I get online with the Xbox - may well be this weekend before I get a chance.